Speculation: Ritchie on the move again?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Ugh, he cleared waivers. He wasn't an asset in that Toronto deal, he was a cap dump.

Somehow trading a depth forward and 3rd pairing D Arizona took an L.

If you're looking for assets for Nick Ritchie, make that 2 L's. I'll literally LMAO if Arizona thinks Ritchie was an asset for them to gain further value in another move.

RazorSeider53

Feb 18, 2022
Maybe no GM wanted him at full cap so didn't claim him but might give up a pick to ARI for 50% retention.

Just thinking out loud...

I’m not saying they wouldn’t do it, because Arizona is dumb, but it’d be a dumb move.

They already have retained on two, retaining on Ritchie would run them out of retention this year, and put them at 2 of 3 used for next year.

And Ritchie at 50% still ain’t worth shit.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Coyotes should just play him the rest of this year and next year in the NHL. Hopefully he can pick his game up where their is no pressure on him. Then he becomes a tradable asset at 50% retained next year at the deadline.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Lyubushkin is a pending UFA. Ritchie has another year. Before this deal, the Coyotes had 5 players signed to NHL contracts next year.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Lyubushkin is a pending UFA. Ritchie has another year. Before this deal, the Coyotes had 5 players signed to NHL contracts next year.
Find it hard to believe ARI wants to pay more real cash for Ritchie though. I suppose it's possible another non-playoff team could retain Ritchie for 50% and make that work for a playoff team that wants a big body 4th liner for the playoffs.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Unless he starts scoring again like he did in Boston, I don't see it. There's always teams that feel they weren't tough enough at the end of the year, so all that stink will wash away come the draft.

And how are the Coyotes able to justify a 3.3m plug to ownership anyway?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would Boston want him back? He did ok there. Ritchie for Moore + Wagner? Boston maybe gets a guy who can contribute on their NHL team and adds only 600k onto the cap vs the two players buried. For Arizona they can keep both players on the NHL roster and add cap while the cash owed is roughly the same. So they get closer to the cap floor next year for the same amount of actual cash.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Would a Ritchie for Lucic in the offseason make sense? Especially after Lucic’s bonus is paid out.

Arizona would get in Lucic a 5.25m cap hit for 1m salary. They would also drop a 2.5m cap on 3.3m salary.

Calgary gets more cap space for re-signing their UFA’s

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Would a Ritchie for Lucic in the offseason make sense? Especially after Lucic’s bonus is paid out.

Arizona would get in Lucic a 5.25m cap hit for 1m salary. They would also drop a 2.5m cap on 3.3m salary.

Calgary gets more cap space for re-signing their UFA’s
Looch has a partial NTC, doubt he’d have the Yotes on his 8-10 team “acceptable trade” list.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
have him in the lineup running around hitting everything and getting in a few fights and some old school GM will trade assets for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad