In Memoriam RIP Talkinaway ( Peter Conley 1977 - 2021 )

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Terrible news, waaaaaaaay too young. Always enjoyed Peter's posts as they were very detailed and extremely informative. Condolences to his family.

To the rest of you - hug your significant other, let your family and friends know they're loved and just be a decent human being. life is short

IF I may, a quote:

"You know each other in this life but a short time.

"The voice that calls out to you in the dark, in your terms, will not call for long.

"Therefore, comfort it while you can."

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ranger fan stopping by to say RIP. I don’t believe I’ve had the privilege of talking to him but from reading everyone’s comments it seems he was a great guy & left an impression on many. So sad, way too soon. :(

I have shared some of my health issues on our board, just found out I have a heart condition (mitral valve prolapse) when investigating something unrelated (pulsatile tinnitus, which is when you hear a whooshing sound of bloodflow in your ears, often caused by neurovascular abnormalities). I’m now in the process of getting testing done to determine whether I have ehlers-danlos as most my family does. Also waiting two years now for ACL reconstruction surgery.

My dad died of primary heart cancer, (yes you heard that right) at age 33, so I have learned to never take anything for granted and always talk to people even on this forum as if it could be my last time talking to them. You never know what the people you interact with everyday are dealing with.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
In our last private conversation I said I was glad we weren't still in contention when Pasta and his girlfriend lost their baby.

talkinaway.PNG

I'd sure like to rewrite this tragedy.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Blessings to his family. One of the good ones for sure, and part of the olde guard.

Life is way too short. Do not waste time on things that don't support you or bring you absolute joy.

Comfort to all.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Odd fact for these boards; you can read and discuss all things hockey with a member for years yet know little about him/her unless you search profiles. And even then you don't get the complete picture. Our members are scattered all over the globe. I lived the next town over (Needham) from Peter (Wellesley) for five years and we never met. Yet I always enjoyed his contributions to this site, though sometimes disagreed.

Peter's untimely death is a tragedy given all that was before him in life. I pray for his soul and for the loved ones he leaves behind. Gone but not forgotten.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I just got off the phone with Peter's Mom.

There was no warning and it happened quickly. :cry:

He had a full physical in April and everything looked fine but........ She said he simply wasn't old enough that they would do advanced heart testing that might have caught it and they elected not to have an autopsy.

She told me she and her husband were big Bruins fans during the Orr years and how much Peter enjoyed the games, having season tickets and talking to others about the game. He gave up his tickets because of his COVID-19 concerns.

She told me she and her husband were comforted by hearing how much her son meant to our HF Bruins community.

Because of COVID-19 concerns, there will not be a memorial service at this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad