RIP Sergei Berezin

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Damn shame. Loved Berezin during his brief time with the habs. We hab's fans absolutely love fast.skilled offensive players like the Berezins and Kovalevs of the world but the idiots in charge always deny us these players in favour of the safe two way 8 goal scoring boring guys. lol

Reactions: the and Garry Valk

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
2001-2002 was my first season following the Habs and becoming a fan. Berezin vs Savage was one of the first trade I've seen and I remember being so excited to watch a new payer wear the Habs uniform. That and his 10,000th home goal against SJ of course.

RIP!

Reactions: DesmondDekker

Mcdonaldz

Jul 26, 2021
I remember the goal, was it against San Jose in a losing effort? That part is fuzzy.
In my younger years they never won when I went lol

I would’ve thought Buffalo with Hasek being very frustrating but I think some flashbacks got mixed up loll but yeah safe to say it was the only thing memorable in that game loll

Edit: apparently they won loll not been long enough to forget all the details

Reactions: Tyson

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
RIP Sergei Berezin. At the time and years after on this board that player received a ton of bashing comments. People said that 10,000 goal was scored by a no-name and it was shameful. Even people on the medias bashed him. One saying Berezin was the complete opposite of Gretzky, that hockey analyst said Berezin was just good to skate fast with the puck and his play would end in a nowhere place on the ice rink. A similar comment we could say about Gomez.

I found it was exagerated and useless negative for a player who didn't seem to have a bad attitude. People liked Brian Savage, remember mr October, lol. Savage was a close friend with Koivu and people never forgive to lose Savage for a player who has been a try-out for the next PO time. He scored the 3rd goal to make it 3-0 vs the Canes and sadly Habs lost that game. I think that was the game when Brindamour shifted Rivet on the board to score an important 1rst goal. Canes came back after and won the game and next game won the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad