RIP Mandatory

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah, it took me like 3 hours to figure out. And I'm probably not the only one who doesn't realize. And someone will think the forums went down for good

Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Yeah, it took me like 3 hours to figure out. And I'm probably not the only one who doesn't realize. And someone will think the forums went down for good
yep I was surfing upstairs wondering why it wasn't working for that computer but working fine on my othera

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I wonder how much site traffic is down today. They should have left a message saying to change to the other url before closing down

Reactions: gary69

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

When we sign up for this board and have to provide an email address, having a mass email go out saying what is happening would be incredibly helpful in situations like this. I thought the board was down all day long and then I finally figured out what was going on via an internet search. Considering I'm not on Twitter or Reddit, having a message about the change would have been nice.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
When we sign up for this board and have to provide an email address, having a mass email go out saying what is happening would be incredibly helpful in situations like this. I thought the board was down all day long and then I finally figured out what was going on via an internet search. Considering I'm not on Twitter or Reddit, having a message about the change would have been nice.
There has been nothing on those platforms either

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
I had trouble interpreting emails today. I actually used the virus excuse. Maybe there was something behind it after all.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What’s the difference??

I’ve always just put in HFBoards.com
Well those who have had this site as a bookmark with the old address, are just thinking the site is down. After like 3 hours I started to ask around from 4chan, reddit, twitter. And only then found out that actually HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League has been up all along. Why would you google it? Even the websites that show if a certain website is down, showed that HFBoards was down.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

It was changed 2 years ago and a notice was posted for month.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It was changed 2 years ago and a notice was posted for month.
Clearly not well enough, because I've been a daily user for this whole time and never noticed a thing. And it took me like 3 hours yesterday to figure out what was wrong.

And judging how much less there have been messages, I was probably not the only one. You F'd up.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Clearly not well enough, because I've been a daily user for this whole time and never noticed a thing. And it took me like 3 hours yesterday to figure out what was wrong.

And judging how much less there have been messages, I was probably not the only one. You F'd up.

Me?

IMG_0597.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad