RIP Johnny Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
An accident while they were in Philly celebrating their sisters wedding. Awful for that family.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
some further details on this horrible tragedy:

PEDRICKTOWN, N.J. (CBS) — Columbus Blue Jackets player Johnny Gaudreau and his brother were killed in a crash Thursday night in Salem County, New Jersey, State Police confirmed to CBS News Philadelphia.

Gaudreau, 31, and his 29-year-old brother Matthew were riding bikes on County Route 551 in Oldmans Township, Salem County on Thursday night when they were struck by a man driving a Jeep.

Police said the driver, 43-year-old Sean Higgins of Woodstown, New Jersey, attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
What an absolute tragedy. It is suppose to be his sisters wedding today. His brother was with him when this happened and also died. What an awful thing to go through as a family when its suppose to be one of your happiest days of your life. I really hope his sister isnt filled with guilt but man that is going to be tough to over come.

My condolences to everyone involved.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
This feels surreal man. I just had my own brother's wedding last week. I can't imagine how Johnny and Matthews's Parents and significant others are dealing with this. Brutal. My condolences.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Feschuk on TSN1050 said an ABC affiliate in Philly is saying the driver is detained and was possibly under the influence of alcohol.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Gutted. Johnny was my cousins first roommate in Calgary so I’ll always have extra love for him. He was nothing but an amazing person. Life was so promising: just moved to Columbus to start his family with wife working at the new Columbus hospital, 2 young kids.

Absolutely devastating

Rip

f*** drunk drivers too.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Gutted. Johnny was my cousins first roommate in Calgary so I’ll always have extra love for him. He was nothing but an amazing person. Life was so promising: just moved to Columbus to start his family with wife working at the new Columbus hospital, 2 young kids.

Absolutely devastating

Rip

f*** drunk drivers too.

Beautifully said Shaner. I’m gutted too. Loved watching Johnny Hockey. My brother and I cycle a lot together and are very close in age. So this hits home for me. It just sucks that one stupid decision has a life altering consequence. Never will understand why people drink and drive. Then to make matters worse he’s trying to overtake a lane while driving drunk. Such an avoidable situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad