RIP Johnny Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Wow I had to read it twice to get the full gist. Too young both he and his brother to make their final exit.

My heart goes out to their young families in this the most horrible of times.

May they RIP.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1725026090891.png

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I was stunned to hear this news this morning… A man in the prime of his life, along with his brother in the prime of his life, and to compound the tragedy it’s all a day before their sister’s wedding.

And leaves behind two young kids… Obviously we can’t say much other than condolences and prayers and what not but it’s just shocking how quickly and tragically lives can be ruined.

My only hope is that both drunk drivers and aggressive drivers who often rage and tailgate and weave in and out of traffic learn from tragedies like this and change their behavior, at least take pause…

Just hurts to hear about this as a human being and a father of two kids myself, never mind the Hockey aspect of it.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
olice said the driver, 43-year-old Sean Higgins of Woodstown, New Jersey, attempted to pass a slower vehicle when he hit the Gaudreau brothers.
2 lane highways are stupid dangerous.

I don’t like driving a car on them, and I definitely don’t ride a bike on them, where possible.

Reactions: horner

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No offense to the poster, but, getting killed by a drunk driver needs to stop from being called an 'accident', the driver knowingly got into a car drunk and murdered him.
None taken, but at the time of my post I didn’t know that. In fact, TSN1050 said that the driver stayed around and there were no known charges.
It’s still under investigation and I wouldn’t use the term murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: francis246

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Sean Higgins, the man who killed the Gaudreau brothers was over the legal limit when he hit the brothers. He admitted to the police he was drinking and likely to spend the next 20 years or more behind bars, as he should. Scumbag might get 40 for 2 deaths. Not sure how the law works there.

Reactions: Captain Crunch

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Sean Higgins, the man who killed the Gaudreau brothers was over the legal limit when he hit the brothers. He admitted to the police he was drinking and likely to spend the next 20 years or more behind bars, as he should. Scumbag might get 40 for 2 deaths. Not sure how the law works there.
Wow. I thought that he maybe just had a drink (“consumed alcohol” as it was first reported), but he was outright drunk! Unfortunately his imprisonment would not return two young lives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad