Ring Card Guys

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
This day in age, it seems like it should be a normal thing for female fights to have male ring card holders between rounds. What are peoples thoughts?
What if it's a gay female athlete? It wouldn't be fair for them to see a bunch of shirtless men, would it?

In this day in age, there are no right answers.

Zeppo

Sep 8, 2006
In this day and age, people still don't understand that gender equality just doesn't work in some cases.
I'm pretty sure the way it would work in this case is to put the ring girls out of business, rather than hire dudes for the same job.

If anything, the mere suggestion of ring guys just puts a spotlight on how ridiculous the concept of ring girls really is.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Ring girls are altogether stupid in this day and age. Getting ring boys in there would be just as stupid. They make some money doing it so i'm not bothered but it would be cool to see something new.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's not about the gender of the fighters, it's about the gender of the target market.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm pretty sure the way it would work in this case is to put the ring girls out of business, rather than hire dudes for the same job.

If anything, the mere suggestion of ring guys just puts a spotlight on how ridiculous the concept of ring girls really is.

Yep - it's entirely stupid.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
What if it's a gay female athlete? It wouldn't be fair for them to see a bunch of shirtless men, would it?

In this day in age, there are no right answers.

Definitely so ! therefore, let's keep a winning team. And keep the ladies to inform us on what round we are. We, of course, can empathize with the heat in the room and understand their light tenue.

As a fighter myself, i was against girls fighting ... thinking it was a matter of hormones and genes ... i seriously reviewed my stance and appreciate them A LOT !

Don't 'expect me to do the same move on the ring card Girls.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think it cheapens the UFC brand to use ring girls

When promoters first began using them 50+ years ago, it may very well have been a way to put butts in the seats at local shows. But nowadays with the internet around, we have unlimited access to hot, naked women, so I don't think anybody is buying a PPV to see Arianny hold up a Round 3 sign

I actually find the whole thing kinda cringe-worthy

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Most if not all people who comment here are pretty hardcore MMA fans and couldn't care less. Get rid of it or keep it, I'm pretty sure nobody here would care either way.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It doesn't bother me either way. It is helpful for the brand to have attractive females in roles like this, as like it or not there is still a ton of promo work and sex sells. Walking around with a card is only a small part of it - having them promote via social media and their other UFC obligations makes the company money.

Arianny has over 2.4 million followers on Instagram. Does anyone else affiliated with the UFC have that many? They're bringing eyeballs and awareness to the business.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
It doesn't bother me either way. It is helpful for the brand to have attractive females in roles like this, as like it or not there is still a ton of promo work and sex sells. Walking around with a card is only a small part of it - having them promote via social media and their other UFC obligations makes the company money.

Arianny has over 2.4 million followers on Instagram. Does anyone else affiliated with the UFC have that many? They're bringing eyeballs and awareness to the business.

This right here. Me personally, could care less and barely notice anymore, but I am in the minority. And that's proven. When I was at the UFC Fan Expo, the line ups at the ring girl booths were just as, if not LONGER than any of the top fighter booths, I never cared to line up, but it proves they are very popular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad