Speculation: *Rifai vs. Liljegren. It's a thing and it's happening.

With the winds of change blowing through the Scotiabank Arena, who will be their 6th D?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think Rifai is the answer either. Better defensively but doesn't move the needle.

I was just alluding to lily being done here. 3 million for a guy that is marginally better then some of the D lower in the lineup is too much. He's had chances, he's gotten some pay raises, when are we going to see the results to match from him?

He hasn't ever played under this size of a Cap.

I think it would be a mistake, but that's only because it usually is from the Leafs.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He hasn't ever played under this size of a Cap.

I think it would be a mistake, but that's only because it usually is from the Leafs.
I can see that side for sure.

Lily is just a such a tough player to pin down for me. I've been incredibly high on him over the years and equally as low.... I guess that partly shows his inconsistency. Feels like this year is the final chance for him to put it all together in the blue and white.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
[QUE="notbias, post: 196924642, member: 282459"]
I mean anyone who thought he was good liked his effort and must have missed his play.

There is nothing to support him being good.

Its a depht D who played ask to play like a top 3 D in NHL and playing like tanev will do this season. You just can't expect he will play like Tanev, its unrealistic
[/QUOTE]
So basically he played bad but you have an excuse for him so he played good. He played very poorly in the playoffs. But then McCabe played poorly in his 1st playoffs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I can see that side for sure.

Lily is just a such a tough player to pin down for me. I've been incredibly high on him over the years and equally as low.... I guess that partly shows his inconsistency. Feels like this year is the final chance for him to put it all together in the blue and white.

My thoughts as well.

If they let him go, and he starts to play with his 200 games experience, and Leafs are back at square one with an older defender with less experience ... we get some laughs out of it.

If he doesn't take that step, Leafs can still move him and will have those older guys hanging around.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
That above average guy already got away. He's Sean Durzi. Liljegren, like others say, is just a guy.
In fairness to Duby....he tried to give them Lilly in that deal from what was reported...but the shine was coming off too fast for the Kings to bite.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
sorry. not bias says
Ha

I didn't watch very much of Dallas last season to comment on Hakanpaa. I had to do research to see what writers/scouts were saying about him.

I just can't stand it when people prop up their favorite players by putting down others with lies ("crossing checking").

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad