Speculation: *Rifai vs. Liljegren. It's a thing and it's happening.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

With the winds of change blowing through the Scotiabank Arena, who will be their 6th D?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We could sign Patches for 1 yr 1M and and Lorentz for 1 yr 775k and if we demoted/traded Timmins and Jarnkrok, it fits on the cap.
I am not sure there's a market for Timmins. Every team has some player who's similar to him. Even Pit, who has the closest ties to him, will probably just wait for the waiver wire.

Jarnkrok may, but I'd rather move Kampf.

Reactions: Its not your fault

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
He was probably drafted too high and has always been thought of as a bottom pair D. He’s never been fast, but he hasn’t been strong enough, and maybe with added weight he’ll improve. He’s played under 200 games.

The biggest issue is the GM forgot there was a salary cap when he signed him.

In case you may have forgotten how highly he was rated

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
"I actually have Rifai making the team right now as the 7th defenseman...just because of how low his contract is."

James Mirtle (Athletic) The Leaf Report

Although I don't take his opinions too seriously.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am not sure there's a market for Timmins. Every team has some player who's similar to him. Even Pit, who has the closest ties to him, will probably just wait for the waiver wire.

Jarnkrok may, but I'd rather move Kampf.

I think CBJ could take Jarnkrok

Maybe another year with Kampf

Timmins is waiver wire but if someone like LAK who had injuries wanted to make sure they got him, a 6th-7th in the next 1-2 years is sufficient.

"I actually have Rifai making the team right now as the 7th defenseman...just because of how low his contract is."

James Mirtle (Athletic) The Leaf Report

Although I don't take his opinions too seriously.

He lost his Dubas connection

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

In case you may have forgotten how highly he was rated
I remember when he was drafted and how many were saying he projects to be a bottom pair D. When he eventually made it to the AHL sentiment was confirmed by those that watched him. Appears they assessed him properly.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad