Ridiculous things you used to think about hockey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Me and my friend belived that Eric Perrin was a traitor cause he left his BFF Martin St. Louis alone in Tampa.

*He was just not good enoigh to a play top 6 role sadly.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
I came to hockey late as a Brit, so I remember watching my first hockey thinking the game must be far too fast to have any kind of team structure or formation. I know better now but I'm still amazed at how fast the game is, and still wonder how the hell any players manage to make any good plays whatsoever in the split seconds that they have.

On a more light-hearted note, a friend told me to start watching hockey because the players were hot and given to homoerotic displays, particularly after goals. As a straight woman who had grown up with football/soccer, I have been very disappointed in the severe lack of both of these qualities [padding/helmets and broken teeth don't help here tbh]. In retrospect, I think she was trolling me...

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I used to think the c on the jersey stood for “center” and that the A’s stood for “athlete “ which was basically the 2 wingers on the same line

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
When I was a toddler, I thought the red light was connected to the back of the net and the puck would set off a censor that would turn on the light to signal goal. Eventually I learned that there was someone sitting behind the goal and pushing a button. Same with the scoreboard, I thought it would censor a goal and mechanically add a point.
tbh, it feels like it should be like that. At least today that would be easily doable. Don't rely on the ref seeing it or camera angles catching it whether the puck crosses the line or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad