Rick Westhead: Another woman comes forward alleging she was sexually assaulted by a group of major-junior hockey players.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wasn't there an investigation in the 2003 Canadian WJC team? I remember hearing something about that year's squad too, not sure what became of it though.

Hopefully this next one isn't yet another wart on the face of Hockey Canada.

Guess we'll see.

Jun 15, 2007
Why the cliffhanger? Just tell us.

I don't like how gleeful he seems to have the scoop, instead of treating the topic of rape with the seriousness it deserves.

I hope none of these scumbags made the NHL.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Why the cliffhanger? Just tell us.

I don't like how gleeful he seems to have the scoop, instead of treating the topic of rape with the seriousness it deserves.
There’s a variety of reasons they can’t name and shame based on ALLEGATIONS dude. You are asking to be sued if it doesn’t end up being true or can’t be proven in court

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wasn't there an investigation in the 2003 Canadian WJC team? I remember hearing something about that year's squad too, not sure what became of it though.

Hopefully this next one isn't yet another wart on the face of Hockey Canada.

Guess we'll see.

There is an investigation of that team ongoing as well.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I hope this woman sees justice and the perpetrators are rightfully punished. Just awful that hockey will have to deal with this again, feel so bad for this poor woman.

Horrible.

Reactions: Rebels57

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Well, that's disappointing.
Curious to see if this is a recent event or an older one and the stage of the investigation by the police.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Is Canada going to be able to ice a Four Nations or Olympics team at this rate?
We don't even know if these players are now in the NHL or now and being in major junior hockey, doesn't mean they are Canadian, as the league has American and European players.

I assume we won't get any names or anything tonight
Probably not. At most the CHL team and the year

More like: "I hope the players i have grown to cherish aren't some of the worst scumbags in existence".

You can stop virtue signaling now.
Yeah, as a Flames fan it feels really shitty knowing I cheered for Dillon Dube for years and even thought he was a "character guy", when in reality he'd been involved in something so grotesque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad