Rick Westhead: Another woman comes forward alleging she was sexually assaulted by a group of major-junior hockey players.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wasn't there an investigation in the 2003 Canadian WJC team? I remember hearing something about that year's squad too, not sure what became of it though.

Hopefully this next one isn't yet another wart on the face of Hockey Canada.

Guess we'll see.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Why the cliffhanger? Just tell us.

I don't like how gleeful he seems to have the scoop, instead of treating the topic of rape with the seriousness it deserves.
There’s a variety of reasons they can’t name and shame based on ALLEGATIONS dude. You are asking to be sued if it doesn’t end up being true or can’t be proven in court

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wasn't there an investigation in the 2003 Canadian WJC team? I remember hearing something about that year's squad too, not sure what became of it though.

Hopefully this next one isn't yet another wart on the face of Hockey Canada.

Guess we'll see.

There is an investigation of that team ongoing as well.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope she finds peace from the situation, and I hope that Hockey Canada didn’t engage in even more shithousery that discredits and humiliates Canadian hockey. It takes a ton of courage to come forward and speak to the nation about this, for that I hope justice is done.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
That's your first thought? Really?

My first thought is to find the idea of another woman assaulted by a Bunch of no-good dumbasses f***ing terrible and wonder how they couldn't learn from 2018 Team Canada Crew, as it was so public, but I processed it internally

My second best thought is to find you f***ing hypocrite with your fake outrage
Where is YOUR sympathy for the victims Bro?
Why Do you want to stir shit Up in that kind of thread?

Get the f*** down of your high horse

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
This poisonous culture has made a lot of victims and also pushed a lot of good people out of hockey.

It's obvious that there will be other cases coming to light.

Hopefully, some good comes out of this but I have been very disappointed so far by the NHL and the NHLPA's reaction, not to mention the average fan.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
My first thought is to find the idea of another woman assaulted by a Bunch of no-good dumbasses f***ing terrible and wonder how they couldn't learn from 2018 Team Canada Crew, as it was so public, but I processed it internally

My second best thought is to find you f***ing hypocrite with your fake outrage
Where is YOUR sympathy for the victims Bro?
Why Do you want to stir shit Up in that kind of thread?

Get the f*** down of your high horse

Lol settle down, your first post reeked of "oh gosh I hope this doesn't affect MY team at all", as if that's even relevant. :laugh:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I hope this woman sees justice and the perpetrators are rightfully punished. Just awful that hockey will have to deal with this again, feel so bad for this poor woman.

Horrible.

Reactions: Rebels57

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Well, that's disappointing.
Curious to see if this is a recent event or an older one and the stage of the investigation by the police.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad