Confirmed with Link: Rick Tocchet wins Jack Adams award

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
out of 114 voters only 9 didn't vote for him to be at least in second place.

very well deserved.
I still want to see a scrap between him and Vigneault. Ok, Vigneault wouldn't probably last too long but he'd go down swinging :laugh:

Canucks Jack Adams trophy winners:

Pat Quinn, Alain Vigneault and Rick Tocchet. Three guys you wouldn't be afraid going into a dark alley backing you up.:laugh:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I still want to see a scrap between him and Vigneault. Ok, Vigneault wouldn't probably last too long but he'd go down swinging :laugh:

Canucks Jack Adams trophy winners:

Pat Quinn, Alain Vigneault and Rick Tocchet. Three guys you wouldn't be afraid going into a dark alley backing you up.:laugh:

2 out of the 3 have taken us to the Cup Finals, Tocchet is next man up!

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Congrats to Rick. Tremendous job of educating and getting buy in.

Exciting being a fan of this team again

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Tocchet totally deserves it, his system and choice of coaches turned this team from literally the basement of the league to the top of the league at times.

Still stuff for him to learn and grow into, he's a relatively young coach with I think an unrealized ceiling.

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Tocchet totally deserves, his system and choice of coaches turned this team from literally the basement of the league to the top of the league at times.

Still stuff for him to learn and grow into, he's a relatively young coach with I think an unrealized ceiling.

Agreed, he's just got to learn a few more tricks and become more adaptable. He seems a bit of a slave to the system at the moment, though the system seems generally good, especially defensively. What do they say about great coaches and great goalies? Having Demko starting 51 games certainly helps.

Reactions: mossey3535

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Agreed, he's just got to learn a few more tricks and become more adaptable. He seems a bit of a slave to the system at the moment, though the system seems generally good, especially defensively. What do they say about great coaches and great goalies? Having Demko starting 51 games certainly helps.
Bruce is that you?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Bruce is that you?
1716435523931.gif

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Tremendous season for Tochett and his Canucks. What a turn around, turning a bottom feeder into a team that made it one win away from making it to the Western Conference finals. A highly successful season that no one expected. Players really seem to like his honesty and really bought into his system. Tochett won this by a landslide, and it was well deserved. Can't wait to see what he does with the team next year.

Congrats coach

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Pet peeve: why do they announce the winners of awards at seeminginly random intervals?
I have no clue... Weird shit.

They got this one right. Toc changed the trajectory of the team like no other coach this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DFAC

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Brought respect back to the crest. After a decade of darkness for the team during my 20s where I rarely watched the team out of bitterness towards management + coaching, he made me feel like a teenager watching and cheering for the team again.

BC is enjoying hockey for the first time in a decade, and he's one of the biggest reasons why. Can't say enough good things.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Pet peeve: why do they announce the winners of awards at seeminginly random intervals?

I believe it's to reduce the length of the award show. Calder, Hart, Norris, Lindsay, and Vezina are still at the show. Of the ones getting revealed early, only the Selke and Adams actually matter.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Well deserved. It was a shock to the system watching players actually improve as the season went along and put up career highs after so many years of watching every player slowly decompose under Green.

Hopefully Tocchet rakes in all of the spotlight and our incredible assistant coaches can fly under the radar for a few more years without getting sniped.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Because this is how the NBA does it, so they've abandoned tradition and one of the cool, classy things the NHL has always done.
You’re going to miss the awards show?

Meh….. who gives a f***? It’s like the draft. A dog and pony show.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Congratulations to you Rick. Thanks for bringing a system back to this team of slackers and for instilling a consistent work ethic. The award is well-deserved as fans had generally given up on the franchise thanks to a horrific decade of mismanagement.

Now, please figure out a way for the team to be creative and decisive in the offensive zone. It's literally the one thing holding the team back.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
No shit its boring, the league is horrendously boring. This is even more boring though. The award show is for the people in attendance, not viewers.

exactly, this is the worst "solution" they could have come up with

lump in the awards show with the first round of the draft. allows the players to get a bunch of vacation time after the season, fly in for a small commitment (right before free agency, so it could double up to facilitate tampering season which we all know happens anyways) and showcase the best of the league with all of the next generation around.

guys that get drafted in the 5th round and may never even sniff the echl can get a picture with sidney crosby if he's kind enough to stick around, rather than like, ron delorme lol

Reactions: CanucksMJL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad