Rick Ball Leaving to Join Chicago Blackhawks Broadcast

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

@Volica you just had to open your trap didn't you :laugh:

This absolutely f***ing blows. Massive loss for this market and the team. Wonder who will end up being the replacement; wouldn't mind Singh, but I know others might disagree with that opinion.

Some Flames fans threw Wills' name out there... would not surprise me in the least with how crappy we've had it recently.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Kamloops
I was sad to see this. I like Ball cause he would be excited no matter who scores. If you weren’t paying attention you’d have to look to see which team buried it. That’s what I like in PBP and that’s why Mahr was the best.

If we have to listen to Harderryan I’m going to switch teams. Fml

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Gaudreau wanted to re-sign the summer prior, Tkachuk would have stayed and now Rick Ball leaves for Chicago.

We're truly in the darkest timeline. Nothing coming up Flames the past couple years.

Reactions: Boomstick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I really liked Ball and really dislike the list of potential replacements on the list up at the nation site. Going from Peter Maher to Derek Wills was like going from a Lexus to a 1992 Hyundai Accent. Seeing him on TV would be even worse. It will probably go to him though. Meghan Mikkelson is awesome, but better at color than PBP I would think. Loubardias is too spazzy and scared to say anything critical of players, even though he's a good hockey mind. Singh has gotten better, but is an Edmonton honk.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Good on Rick for likely getting some extra money, likely now being paid in USD, joining an up-and-coming team.
I honestly don't really care about who's calling the play; if it gets annoying I'm just muting it anyway.

I especially don't care considering that we're going into some real shit times for this franchise; and that most games will be background noise while I'm doing other things lol.

Reactions: Figgy44

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Good on Rick for likely getting some extra money, likely now being paid in USD, joining an up-and-coming team.
I honestly don't really care about who's calling the play; if it gets annoying I'm just muting it anyway.

I especially don't care considering that we're going into some real shit times for this franchise; and that most games will be background noise while I'm doing other things lol.
Big US market, so there is money available for future increases to salary.

As for his replacement, plenty of options given the A, and 16 CAD based WHL teams, plus all of the OHL and Q play by play, plus Tor, Van, Mon, Ott, Win AHL clubs are in Canada.

Pick the best up and comer. These jobs don't open up often.

Reactions: Figgy44

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Shaq and Charles Barkley are going to be looking for work soon.
I say we get them

giphy.webp

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I still feel like this ☹️ when reading the thread title....

Reactions: Lunatik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad