GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Anyone else impressed with Greentree? He plays a mature game for his age. He is not far from making it.
Lee and Helenius are also closer than I thought.
Portillo and Pinelli have improved since last year and are on track for the following wave.

Anyone notice Helenius challenge Ian Cole after his second big hit. Cole ran to the bench lol.

Didnt' see that specifically but i LOVED that no one would be intimidated/back down. Was a nice change in attitude, especially with some of the Utah folks running around, like Crouse and Groundskeeper Willie.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

Didnt' see that specifically but i LOVED that no one would be intimidated/back down. Was a nice change in attitude, especially with some of the Utah folks running around, like Crouse and Groundskeeper Willie.
Those are good numbers for a kid playing against pros for the first time. Hes not a project that needs 3 years for his all around game and physical strength to catch up to his skill in order to make it. Very much a guy that will go out there on any line and complete the assignments the coach gives him so they can win games.
I like this player. The Kings are lacking high upside pure goal scorers in the system though.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
He continues to just be large. He's not mobile, not fast, not really even athletic. He's just big and that's it. His lack of lateral movement would get badly exposed in an NHL regular season.
Vasilevsky made a decent career out of that.
It's enough to butterfly and slightly move to the left or right and you are good.
I see Portillo being NHL ready from next year on

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
I don’t know what it is, but I am not overly impressed when I see Clarke. I know it’s not fair to gauge him by rookie doughty who was sensational. But he’s just far from that so I’m just not hyped. I don’t even think he’s at Voynovs level.

I am aware it’s preseason. Just rare that I get impressed with Clarke. That one breakaway goal he scored last year was the only impressive thing I remember.
hes got a great mind for the game and fantastic vision, he just needs more NHL experience. still looks a little too timid for the big league but im confident he will get there in another season or two

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I think Turcotte and Thomas looked really good. NHL ready. I don’t know what it is, but I am not overly impressed when I see Clarke. I know it’s not fair to gauge him by rookie doughty who was sensational. But he’s just far from that so I’m just not hyped. I don’t even think he’s at Voynovs level.

I am aware it’s preseason. Just rare that I get impressed with Clarke. That one breakaway goal he scored last year was the only impressive thing I remember.
I think a lot of people forget how long Voynov was in the A

1727212718372.png

Reactions: King'sPawn

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
When you're on the wing, you're kind of stuck on the wall and then when you have an opportunity to build speed into the attack, you're coming across the ice. In the middle of the ice, you can drive plays. You can get the puck on your stick in the middle and kick it wide and drive the net. With a big body QB can do things that others can't.

Lfg QB!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I understand your point. My opinion is based upon the place where the player is drafted. If he was drafted in the same spot Voynov was, then I wouldn’t care if he was a dud.
At this point, Spence is closer to Voynov and Clarke to Jack Johnson, minus getting blown up by Jan Bulis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad