Confirmed with Link: Richard Panik 4 years at 2.65 mil

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The only P I want on the Caps is Panarin. Panik is 30 point player tops. Panik is no Connolly.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Feel like that's the kind of player you want to dumpster dive on for league min. A bit redundant with Hagelin

Not sure how I feel about having a bajillion limited role players at 2.5 million. Fine with Kempny, probably fine with Jensen, but that's not a bottom 6 built to come by regular offense.

Reactions: RandyHolt

crab

Jan 26, 2019
What part of "they cannot possibly afford Panarin" don't you get? Also, Panik has very similar stats to Conno the past few years while playing for a lesser team.

And actually contributes without the puck. Connolly was soft, slow and so-so defensively.

Reactions: Pomee

illpucks

May 26, 2011
i love when you just randomly come in and make things up. connolly until this year never hit 30 points. panik has been over 30 points each of last 3 years
Well Connolly hit 46 and his trajectory might go past 50 next season. To be fair there are 2 2017-2018 seasons listed so it looks like he was a 19 pt player before hitting 33. But actually that is worse because he's gone from 44 to 35 to 33. So that is downward trajectory while Connolly has gone from 27 to 46.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well Connolly hit 46 and his trajectory might go past 50 next season. To be fair there are 2 2017-2018 seasons listed so it looks like he was a 19 pt player before hitting 33. But actually that is worse because he's gone from 44 to 35 to 33. So that is downward trajectory while Connolly has gone from 27 to 46.

but your point was that panik was nothing more then a 30 point player and he is no connolly. you are right that he is not connolly cause he has had consistent seasons and not as of right now a random one hit wonder season on a free agent year like connolly was

Reactions: koalabear9301

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Feel like that's the kind of player you want to dumpster dive on for league min. A bit redundant with Hagelin

Not sure how I feel about having a bajillion limited role players at 2.5 million. Fine with Kempny, probably fine with Jensen, but that's not a bottom 6 built to come by regular offense.

He's different than Hagelin. Not as good defensively but much better shot. I believe you referred to Hagelin as a chest shooter. This guy isn't that.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
What made Connolly great for the Caps was his production relative to price. Maybe he will do better elsewhere with more ice time, maybe not. But Panik at $2.5, assuming he plays roughly as well as he has recently, is comparable value, given inflation, to Conno's last deal.

This guy gets it.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Looks like he's another advanced stat darling. I like this a lot, he seems like a great replacement for Connolly.

D-Wi322XoAgFRaA.png

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010

That 44 was on Chicago. The 35 was split between Chicago and Arizona. The 33 was on a full year at Arizona.

I expect his point totals on the Caps to be more in line with Chicago's than Arizona's

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
What made Connolly great for the Caps was his production relative to price. Maybe he will do better elsewhere with more ice time, maybe not. But Panik at $2.5, assuming he plays roughly as well as he has recently, is comparable value, given inflation, to Conno's last deal.
Whether that's enough alongside Hagelin & Eller is another question. I'll reserve judgement until they've got their other fourth-line pieces in place but at this stage I'd say they still need another 10-15 goal-scorer at least.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Whether that's enough alongside Hagelin & Eller is another question. I'll reserve judgement until they've got their other fourth-line pieces in place but at this stage I'd say they still need another 10-15 goal-scorer at least.
Which brings me back to a question I asked in one the other threads: Don't you think Hagelin can match 65's production over the course of a season? Bura averaged a whopping 28 points the past 3 years.

And now with Panik added to make up Connolly's production, are we actually losing a ton of offense?

I tend to think we're not but am asking honestly.

Also too, if that line is better defensively than 10-20-65, their differential could be higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad