Value of: RHD to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Sabres need RHD long-term. They have a ton of pieces they could give up in a good hockey trade.

Which team needs a solid young LHD prospect for a RHD prospect/NHL ready player?

Sabres have Ryan Johnson, Jacob Bryson, Mattias Samuelsson, plus some picks.

They have Owen Power and Rasmus Dahlin on the left side long-term but need partners for them.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
We've got what you need. Brent Burns or Erik Karlsson are your guys.
We'll take anything back (we need help everywhere), preferably a prospect and a pick.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Borgen for Johnson? You should be familiar with Borgen so easy to slide right back into the lineup. Doesn't have the same upside so not sure you'd make the move but Johnson will take a few years to get a shot on that roster with how deep LD is. For Seattle Borgen isn't getting a shot so would be best for him to play and they could use some good prospects in the pipeline. They have good LD now but in a couple of years Johnson should be ready for a spot in that lineup.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Borgen for Johnson? You should be familiar with Borgen so easy to slide right back into the lineup. Doesn't have the same upside so not sure you'd make the move but Johnson will take a few years to get a shot on that roster with how deep LD is. For Seattle Borgen isn't getting a shot so would be best for him to play and they could use some good prospects in the pipeline. They have good LD now but in a couple of years Johnson should be ready for a spot in that lineup.

Would love Borgen back.

Johnson is an overpay. No thanks on that price.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Borgen could probably be had for a third (or less) by any team that wanted him, so I don't see why Buffalo needs to trade a first round guy

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Borgen could probably be had for a third (or less) by any team that wanted him, so I don't see why Buffalo needs to trade a first round guy

I don't think they would make the deal either but I can kinda see a reason that would too. They get a guy who's still young, still 24, who can help the team right now and into the future. They are set in the top 4 on the left side for many years at best Johnson will become just a 3rd pair guy. Also with two former 1st overalls on the left is there a chance he doesn't want to sign in Buffalo and will go be to school for his senior year then become a FA?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I don't think they would make the deal either but I can kinda see a reason that would too. They get a guy who's still young, still 24, who can help the team right now and into the future. They are set in the top 4 on the left side for many years at best Johnson will become just a 3rd pair guy. Also with two former 1st overalls on the left is there a chance he doesn't want to sign in Buffalo and will go be to school for his senior year then become a FA?

Trading one of their LHD outside of Dahlin/Power is possible for sure, but Borgen isn’t nearly good enough value.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
We've got what you need. Brent Burns or Erik Karlsson are your guys.
We'll take anything back (we need help everywhere), preferably a prospect and a pick.
Wonder if Karlsson would waive his NTC to be paired with Dahlin? After Rasmus got over being starstruck, it might be a lot of fun . . .

There'd have to be some retention, of course.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Trading one of their LHD outside of Dahlin/Power is possible for sure, but Borgen isn’t nearly good enough value.

I don't know what Seattle's plan with Borgen is, he hasn't played a game yet, but they seem to like him around and they need RD themselves. With his age and being under contract next season I don't think they'd move him just for a mid round pick. Seattle will most likely be moving Giordano and I'm sure one of Soucy or Fluery could be had as well, so Borgen should get a look later in the year. I think they'd move him for a top 9 forward around the same age who is in the same situation or a younger prospect.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Sean Durzi played his first game last night got 2 points His defense needs a bit of work but what would u offer for him?

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Dermott plays the right side well and is solid defensively. Hes got a good outlet pass, good speed, and plays physical even though he's not very big. Low risk high reward.

To
Buffalo
Dermott

To Toronto
2022 3rd
2023 5th

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Dermott plays the right side well and is solid defensively. Hes got a good outlet pass, good speed, and plays physical even though he's not very big. Low risk high reward.

To
Buffalo
Dermott

To Toronto
2022 3rd
2023 5th

Except Dermott is a left handed defensemen, and this was a thread about a right handed defensemen. In addition, a third is way too much for Dermott, who is absolutely nothing better than a fringe bottom pair defensemen. Also, the Sabres aren't going to send capital to the Leafs. Pipe dreams.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Sabres need RHD long-term. They have a ton of pieces they could give up in a good hockey trade.

Which team needs a solid young LHD prospect for a RHD prospect/NHL ready player?

Sabres have Ryan Johnson, Jacob Bryson, Mattias Samuelsson, plus some picks.

They have Owen Power and Rasmus Dahlin on the left side long-term but need partners for them.
Please take Myers back. We may need him for the rest of this season to tank, though. But he can help you tank for Bedard next year.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

lol no. I'd give you a mid-late draft pick for him, though.

Last edited:

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Except Dermott is a left handed defensemen, and this was a thread about a right handed defensemen. In addition, a third is way too much for Dermott, who is absolutely nothing better than a fringe bottom pair defensemen. Also, the Sabres aren't going to send capital to the Leafs. Pipe dreams.
Dermott plays both sides well. Hes also not a fringe nhl d man. Your entitled to your opinions but that doesn't make them right.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario

johnson plays the right side

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad