Retro Reverse Jerseys Coming

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's.... alright. I still dislike grey as the primary color. It looks like fan-wear. Like something they would make as a hoodie. It's not as bad as I was expecting, but it's not enough to make me want one.

I also still like the current logo over the original. In fact though I get that the point is that it's a fully "retro" design with a shifted application of the color palette, I would've been interested if they had used a version of the modern logo and some of the modern color palette. Like just a couple splashes of orange to break things up.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It's.... alright. I still dislike grey as the primary color. It looks like fan-wear. Like something they would make as a hoodie. It's not as bad as I was expecting, but it's not enough to make me want one.

I also still like the current logo over the original. In fact though I get that the point is that it's a fully "retro" design with a shifted application of the color palette, I would've been interested if they had used a version of the modern logo and some of the modern color palette. Like just a couple splashes of orange to break things up.

Truthfully i think this is the best they could do with reversed colors. The only other option really would be like you said with the current color scheme but the only color in that scheme that has not been done is a orange jersey.

And if it was an orange jersey i would be the one thinking it is hideus. Orange is not a good color for hockey teams. And i think that with all teams.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Truthfully i think this is the best they could do with reversed colors. The only other option really would be like you said with the current color scheme but the only color in that scheme that has not been done is a orange jersey.

And if it was an orange jersey i would be the one thinking it is hideus. Orange is not a good color for hockey teams. And i think that with all teams.

Agreed.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

You guys are wrong. The orange Cuda jerseys are awesome.

Reactions: one2gamble

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This I agree with. I liked the orange black cuda jerseys. I do not like teal orange together though, it just doesnt work.

It does when it's done right. Orange and teal are complimentary. Teal doesn't work as an accent color against orange unless it's darker, but they absolutely do go together in the right setting and with the right shades.

You also think the new logo is better than the old one:sarcasm:

The new logo is better. The old one lacks depth and perspective. It looks like a flat cave painting. The new one at least appears as if the fins are in the right positions and having the orange eye instead of just a white-bordered triangle makes that aspect pop as well.

I don't hate the old logo. I just think the new one is an improvement.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
the new logo and orange accents is a glittering lure but there is the rare occassion when the public can be engaged at a level beyond flash

Reactions: themelkman

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
It does when it's done right. Orange and teal are complimentary. Teal doesn't work as an accent color against orange unless it's darker, but they absolutely do go together in the right setting and with the right shades.

The new logo is better. The old one lacks depth and perspective. It looks like a flat cave painting. The new one at least appears as if the fins are in the right positions and having the orange eye instead of just a white-bordered triangle makes that aspect pop as well.

I don't hate the old logo. I just think the new one is an improvement.

The new one is just too busy; too many teal accents and details that detract from the big picture. The original is striking and simple

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The Predators' version of this uses silver like their inaugural jerseys had. so it was an option for the Sharks too given that a version of the design they used had silver sleeves instead of grey.

But they didn't. Boo. Cowards.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I think I would have reversed the teal and black the more I look at it.

I would have also used silver instead of gray or possibly a textured gray since it can be sublimated, make it look like sharks skin

Also orange and teal do actually go together you just have to use one of the two sparingly compared to the other

Jul 10, 2010
I think they could of went 91 jersey colours with current logo. i think that would of been a best of both worlds jersey

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

Frankly, I would have preferred an orange jersey to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad