GDT: Retirement home of life @ Retirement home of hockey 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Bolland and Jokinen are supposed to be those "vets" we look towards when the kids aren't doing it. That's why they were brought in, to help take the load. Neither is really doing that at all and it's frustrating to watch.

This fanbase is just so content with mediocrity, any criticism of a team with even the tiniest bit of success is ridiculed. If you're OK with what you're seeing out on the ice for the last 7 games, I don't know wtf to tell you.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I agree, he seems afraid to pull the trigger to improve the team.

Thirded. Although pulling the trigger would require getting over the I believe in the potential of this team treadmill that we have been running on since Bure's knees quit working.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Prediction: McDavid will have more career points at the 200th NHL game mark than Huberdeau, Bjugstad and Barkov combined.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Haha u guys r hilarious... seasons over... we blow... bolland and Jokinen are killing us... we have no heart... gallant lost the room etc.... I feel sorry for u guys... me on the other hand can see the big picture so sorry if I don't walk off a cliff with u guys...we lost to the Devils.. big whoopie... like I said fromore the start this is a.500 team that needs a lot to go right to make playoffs... huge improvement fromy last year and a big step forward... if u guys were more realistic u would enjoy the season a lot more

I hear you. And I have enjoyed most of this season, but tonight was just a sad, sad performance by a team that quite frankly looked like it didn't give a ****. I derived zero enjoyment from tonight's **** show, I reward the Panthers zero points, may God have mercy on our souls...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah but he is a hell of alot better then Bolland.

Soderberg is a 1c/2c on many other team with us being one of them.
Soderberg's career high is one point more than Bolland's.

Hate him all you want, but you're really grasping for straws here.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Soderberg's career high is one point more than Bolland's.

Hate him all you want, but you're really grasping for straws here.

Does not mather..

Carl is the go to guy on his line, Bollands not.

Plus that hes playing his 2/3rd season in the NHL and are already producing better then Bolland has ever done.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Haha u guys r hilarious... seasons over... we blow... bolland and Jokinen are killing us... we have no heart... gallant lost the room etc.... I feel sorry for u guys... me on the other hand can see the big picture so sorry if I don't walk off a cliff with u guys...we lost to the Devils.. big whoopie... like I said fromore the start this is a.500 team that needs a lot to go right to make playoffs... huge improvement fromy last year and a big step forward... if u guys were more realistic u would enjoy the season a lot more

I'm curious, what are your expectations for FLA next year? Assuming its make the playoffs. Another question, why expect next year to be any different if we're already seeing the best this team has to offer?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Why should we be "more realistic"?

This team played great for the first 40 games of the season. There was effort, heart and determination. Sure we still weren't scoring but at least we were trying and our defense was IMPECCABLE.

We don't look like that anymore. The Winnipeg Jets completely ruined this team's psyche and no one has an explanation for it.

People blame Bolland and Jokinen because they're two of the highest paid forwards we have and are invisible out there. Bolland particularly. He's our Clarkson contract and that really sucks. If he was such a leader we'd see the results on the ice but right now NOBODY has got ANYTHING going.

We are sinking fast and it's alarming because we played completely differently in the first half of the season.

I will FOREVER hate the Thrashers/Jets franchise. **** them.

Bolland and Jokinen aren't here to carry the team... they r complimentary players.. tany free agent we get is the same.. the sooner everyone realizes that there is no magical free agent coming here to fix this the better... when the young core players developed and mature that's when it turns around... that's all there is... I've said it 5504949494 times on here and still no one can wrap their heads around it... it's hilarious

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Does not mather..

Carl is the go to guy on his line, Bollands not.

Plus that hes playing his 2/3rd season in the NHL and are already producing better then Bolland has ever done.
He's playing on a pretty good Bruins team, like Bolland played on a pretty good Hawks team.

They're not difference makers offensively on a team like this.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Bolland and Jokinen are supposed to be those "vets" we look towards when the kids aren't doing it. That's why they were brought in, to help take the load. Neither is really doing that at all and it's frustrating to watch.

This fanbase is just so content with mediocrity, any criticism of a team with even the tiniest bit of success is ridiculed. If you're OK with what you're seeing out on the ice for the last 7 games, I don't know wtf to tell you.

And they r doing just that... I am perfectly fine with where this team is... it's a bad 7 game stretch yes... it will get better... we will have a good stretch too...it happens... it's a long season..big picture would help u alot

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
He's playing on a pretty good Bruins team, like Bolland played on a pretty good Hawks team.

They're not difference makers offensively on a team like this.

Yeah but he has Chris kelly and David Pastrnak on his line atm not what you call a good line.

And yeah Pastrnak is 18 so hes not there yet so im not gonna count him in as a player that under achiving.

And i do think he could be a good player to have on our team for sure as he is highly touted by many fans around the league as a 1c/2c stuck behind Bergeron and Krejci.

FlaPantherSwe*

Bolland and Jokinen aren't here to carry the team... they r complimentary players.. tany free agent we get is the same.. the sooner everyone realizes that there is no magical free agent coming here to fix this the better... when the young core players developed and mature that's when it turns around... that's all there is... I've said it 5504949494 times on here and still no one can wrap their heads around it... it's hilarious

Nice but we are out of time for that.. need it now or we are ending up like Nordiques 1995 edition and we all know the name of the team that won the SC against us...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Nahh it does not...

The only way people will start to show up again is via a playoff series win.

Well then u have Noone to blame but yourselves if the team gets moved...I love watching this team..this year has been fun...I love hockey in general... if there's not enough of those fans there then maybe there shouldn't be a team there...

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
So are we saying Ekblad is nothing special now?

Did I say that? Not at all.

It would been nice if Ekblad won the rookie dman scoring.. You know... We'd just won something this year. I know it's not given any award or nothing but right now it's the only thing we can look forward to winning- He'd easily win this if this team could score more than 1-2 goals game

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

Almost $10M reasons why signing a guy who was put on waivers by Carolina and another who came here to play golf was a mistake. The kids have played hard the last few games but the 3rd and 4th line looks like crap. What Potvin says is true: This team has to work at 85% to get where other teams are at 75%. They've hit the wall and there are not a lot of options at this point. Tallon is stuck with the bed he made as most of vets have set a poor example of work ethic and as in the past, Tallon has proved to be a poor judge of of highly paid UFA's.

The Cats looked like the team that just played back to back instead of Jersey. Once they outworked the Cats in the 1st period they just went into that trap, and the Cats quit. Welcome to Toronto.

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002

Thanks Dale Tallon

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
And they r doing just that... I am perfectly fine with where this team is... it's a bad 7 game stretch yes... it will get better... we will have a good stretch too...it happens... it's a long season..big picture would help u alot
The big picture would be easier to see if these were close games, or games that we lost because of invidual mistakes.

The team has looked all around inept for close to 10 games now. That's not perfectly fine and that's not just a bad stretch.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'm curious, what are your expectations for FLA next year? Assuming its make the playoffs. Another question, why expect next year to be any different if we're already seeing the best this team has to offer?

next year I would expect playoffs unless a barrage of injuries or something completely bizarre happens... if u have to ask y it will be different then u don't understand developement at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad