NFL: Reports: Kaepernick filing grievance against owners for collusion

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Michael Bennett has been as outspoken, if not more, and made up a story about police racism and yet he not only is still employed but starts for his team. Last time I checked he was black.

Made up? All the evidence and articles I can find say there is dispute on the words the cops said, but the incident happened. Of course the cops will claim that race played no part, but that does not ring true for a variety of reasons. What's not in question is that he was detained and threatened by police while completely innocent, it's pretty naive to think race played no part.

member 51464

Why would the NFLPA be happy about early termination of the current CBA? Is it particularly favorable to owners? What leverage would the players have to get a better deal now?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Some teams don´t want Kap because they have better and/or developmental QBs, some teams are just not a fit, some don´t want the distraction and some don´t like his political views.

It's all of this in a nutshell. And whatever owners would sign him probably won't now after this grievance filing.

It's not just the protests that lead to the distraction, it's the celebrity. He's almost become Tebow at this point. Plus unless he's signed to backup a well established QB, the moment the QB he's behind makes one bad play there would be calls for him.

I knew he would be the first person brought up when Rodgers went down, but he doesn't fit their system and if your the Packers, you've invested 3 years in Hundley, why not give the guy a shot for a few games before you look at outside options such as CK anyway?

He won't win this grievance, it's just a waste of time. The owners can easily point to "football reasons", the fact he had workouts with SEA and BAL and the countless other players who've been protesting who are still employed.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Michael Bennett has been as outspoken, if not more, and made up a story about police racism and yet he not only is still employed but starts for his team. Last time I checked he was black.
Source?

J/K. I don't need a source, I know that you're making stuff up

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Made up? All the evidence and articles I can find say there is dispute on the words the cops said, but the incident happened. Of course the cops will claim that race played no part, but that does not ring true for a variety of reasons. What's not in question is that he was detained and threatened by police while completely innocent, it's pretty naive to think race played no part.

The videos showed that it didn't happen at all like Bennett said it did.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
Source for what Bennetts lies?

The Police released the videos, they showed Bennett was lying.
There was a report of shots fired.

Natural human reaction is to run.

They decided he was a suspect because he was running.

Somehow I don't think an 8 year old white girl fleeing gunshots gets the same treatment.

That sounds like the definition of the problem they raised, no?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There was a report of shots fired.

Natural human reaction is to run.

They decided he was a suspect because he was running.

Somehow I don't think an 8 year old white girl fleeing gunshots gets the same treatment.

That sounds like the definition of the problem they raised, no?

I doubt an 8 year old white girl would have been treated the same way as a 30 year ago led white guy so no it doesn't sound like definition of the problem they were raising as I don't think ageism was their problem.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
I doubt an 8 year old white girl would have been treated the same way as a 30 year ago led white guy so no it doesn't sound like definition of the problem they were raising as I don't think ageism was their problem.
oh....so the police use prejudice in determining suspects and treatment of suspects?

Sounds like we have a problem with our police. Maybe we should get that fixed.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
oh....so the police use prejudice in determining suspects and treatment of suspects?

Sounds like we have a problem with our police. Maybe we should get that fixed.

A problem?

I would hope that after a shooting the police would use prejudice to focus more on adults than children.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
A problem?

I would hope that after a shooting the police would use prejudice to focus more on adults than children.
Well, I disagree. I would hope that police use 0 prejudice when life and death of innocent people is on the line.

But ok, you like when police use prejudice based on age, where is your line? A 17 year old black child and a 35 year old white female are fleeing a shooting, who does a cop go after if they have to pick one? A 16 year old black kid? 15? 14? 13? 12? 11? 10?

I have a feeling that the people getting killed by cops draw a very different line than you do.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Mike Florio said something really interesting last night, that there's a clause in the CBA where if the owners are found guilty of collusion, that it would trigger an automatic termination of the CBA, which adds a whole new dimension to this and should have players frothing at the mouth.

The clause to terminate the CBA requires that 14+ teams colluded against Kaepernick. I find that highly improbable.

Also, it's not an automatic termination, it's an option the PA can take.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The videos showed that it didn't happen at all like Bennett said it did.

No they didn't. Post the video of it. For "some reason" the officers that arrested Bennett just happened to not have their cameras on. Only video that was released was after he was on the ground and cuffed. Your making an assumption believing police over Bennett.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No they didn't. Post the video of it. For "some reason" the officers that arrested Bennett just happened to not have their cameras on. Only video that was released was after he was on the ground and cuffed. Your making an assumption believing police over Bennett.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/29/vegas-...-michael-bennett-was-not-mistreated-profiled/

And of course I am belieiveing the police over a piece of shit like Bennett who can't even show enough respect to stand during the anthem and has to make up fake stories to promote his "cause."

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
http://nypost.com/2017/09/29/vegas-...-michael-bennett-was-not-mistreated-profiled/

And of course I am belieiveing the police over a piece of **** like Bennett who can't even show enough respect to stand during the anthem and has to make up fake stories to promote his "cause."

Exact story I saw. Video does nothing to discredit Bennett's story. It's amazing how whenever this stuff happens that the arresting officer just happens to have his body cam turned off. Pretty big "coincidence". Bennett was arrested for no reason, the story is not fake. Again minor dispute about words used, but considering how the cops appear to be covering up evidence it's only logical to think Bennett's side is closer to the truth. He was clearly targeted for his race, that's not even in question.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012

And of course I am belieiveing the police over a piece of **** like Bennett who can't even show enough respect to stand during the anthem and has to make up fake stories to promote his "cause."

"Police say police didn't do nothing wrong"

There you have it

It wouldn't be...biased against black men or anything...to just take their word for it over his

It's amazing that you can look at a video of an innocent man being held down at gunpoint and come to the conclusion that he "made it up"

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Exact story I saw. Video does nothing to discredit Bennett's story. It's amazing how whenever this stuff happens that the arresting officer just happens to have his body cam turned off. Pretty big "coincidence". Bennett was arrested for no reason, the story is not fake. Again minor dispute about words used, but considering how the cops appear to be covering up evidence it's only logical to think Bennett's side is closer to the truth. He was clearly targeted for his race, that's not even in question.

The video shows that the crap Bennett says happened didn't. Also there absolutely is a question of whether he was targeted for his race.

Given Bennett past the is zero reason to believe him after the viedo showed he is clearly a liar.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Video does nothing to discredit Bennett's story. It's amazing how whenever this stuff happens that the arresting officer just happens to have his body cam turned off. Pretty big "coincidence".
exactly
amazing the gullibility of some people to believe the cops here while discrediting Bennett for really no good reason, just seems like thinly veiled racism to me

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
The video shows that the crap Bennett says happened didn't. Also there absolutely is a question of whether he was targeted for his race.

Given Bennett past the is zero reason to believe him after the viedo showed he is clearly a liar.
Soooo what exactly is "proven" to not have happened in the videos.

In what world is the absence of something in a video, that everyone agrees does not show the whole thing, evidence that it didn't happen?

Also....prettty amazing that you can look at the evidence of what DID happen, and take a stance AGAINST Bennett. We KNOW he was innocent. We KNOW he was arrested at gunpoint. But HE's the "piece of ****" for being a liar?

Reactions: mmvvpp

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Soooo what exactly is "proven" to not have happened in the videos.

In what world is the absence of something in a video, that everyone agrees does not show the whole thing, evidence that it didn't happen?

Also....prettty amazing that you can look at the evidence of what DID happen, and take a stance AGAINST Bennett. We KNOW he was innocent. We KNOW he was arrested at gunpoint. But HE's the "piece of ****" for being a liar?

The policeman did not hold a gun against his head and threaten him like he claimed for one.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The policeman did not hold a gun against his head and threaten him like he claimed for one.

Again you know this because the cops said so? Seriously? That's the definition of a biased source. The video comes in too late to see what happened during arrest, again very conveniently the officer that made arrest had video turned off.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Again you know this because the cops said so? Seriously? That's the definition of a biased source. The video comes in too late to see what happened during arrest, again very conveniently the officer that made arrest had video turned off.

I know this because they have something like 180 videos and nothing shows it.

So we go off of a policeman or a scum bags stories. I will go with the policeman everytime in that situation.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
There's video of 100% of the encounter?

I could swear that you can see one cop run after him, the cop with the body cam go a different direction, a bunch of inaudible shouting during a take-down.

Where's the evidence that it DIDN'T happen?

Aside from that, the cops admit to screaming obscenities at him during the arrest. Perhaps Bennett got slightly disoriented while being screamed at, taken down, and fearing for his life? We're really gonna go 100% against him base on some semantics?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad