Report: ROR made an push for Preds to trade for MM

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He’s trying to do whatever he can to win while Josi is still a great player, but I keep warning the locals that it’s a short term fix and that it won’t bring a Cup but it will be exciting and fun.
They probably know they are going to rebuild in the next 4 years so why blow the farm on this trade.
Keep your picks, keep your prospects and you aren’t starting from scratch.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
No idea why he isn't capable of being a center.

Point is 5'10", 178 lb.

Saying he is too small doesn't cut it.

Yeah if there's an $11 million winger I'm looking to convert to centre it's not Nylander like Jonas Siegel keeps going on about, it's Mitch. He already plays the typical distributor role most centres in the NHL already play and he's got the defensive chops and awareness to keep up with the assignments. Mitch has a similar build to Crosby, MacKinnon, Point, Barzal, Aho, Thomas, and Stuzle, and all of them play centre.

Paying Mitch the $12 million he's gonna want would be more palatable if he were a centre instead of a winger. It'd be a long learning curve but we've got a looming 2C hole on this roster if not this season then certainly next. Grooming Mitch into an elite centre seems worthwhile and likely has a higher chance of success than trying to groom Nylander into one. Trading for or signing a 2C in free agency would be expensive in terms of assets and/or money and the likelihood of accomplishing such a move is low unless you can move Mitch in a deal (which seems unlikelier by the day), are willing to sell what little farm we've got left, or hope someone like Rantanen or Draisaitl make it to free agency.

Reactions: ACC1224

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They probably know they are going to rebuild in the next 4 years so why blow the farm on this trade.
Keep your picks, keep your prospects and you aren’t starting from scratch.
Exactly what I hope he does. They have lots of picks and some good prospects.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
We will see how it plays out. He signed Stamkos but didn’t give up high quality multiple assets and still have to pay Marner 12+ million. At least Stamkos has Cups behind him. We are paying guys like multiple champs. We will probably give Tavares 7 here.
In all seriousness, in which sport has anyone been paid because they won?

No one gets paid more for winning a Championship.

In every sport outside of hockey, guys get millions of dollars before they have even played a game.

Look at the highest 20 paid players in the NHL. Less than half have ever won. Then go top 50.

Salaries right or wrong are simply not based on team success in the playoffs

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah if there's an $11 million winger I'm looking to convert to centre it's not Nylander like Jonas Siegel keeps going on about, it's Mitch. He already plays the typical distributor role most centres in the NHL already play and he's got the defensive chops and awareness to keep up with the assignments. Mitch has a similar build to Crosby, MacKinnon, Point, Barzal, Aho, Thomas, and Stuzle, and all of them play centre.

Paying Mitch the $12 million he's gonna want would be more palatable if he were a centre instead of a winger. It'd be a long learning curve but we've got a looming 2C hole on this roster if not this season then certainly next. Grooming Mitch into an elite centre seems worthwhile and likely has a higher chance of success than trying to groom Nylander into one. Trading for or signing a 2C in free agency would be expensive in terms of assets and/or money and the likelihood of accomplishing such a move is low unless you can move Mitch in a deal (which seems unlikelier by the day), are willing to sell what little farm we've got left, or hope someone like Rantanen or Draisaitl make it to free agency.

Mitch just has to come with the attitude he can do it.

He has to stop being afraid and just do it.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Mitch just has to come with the attitude he can do it.

He has to stop being afraid and just do it.
And add a lot of wrist and forearm strength, if he can. Some people don’t have the bone size and he may very well be one of them.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yup first Marner was signing with a Swiss team. Then reports of at least two offersheets, and more on the way. Then it was just one was actually presented to Marner.. then Marner and his agent didn't want to divulge how much that offer sheet was for. Marner tried to insinuate that he didn't even find out the value...because he wasn't interested.

Right..this is all sneaky and very snake like. Nothing is changed. He wants to be money Mitch and the hometown hero and all the things at once.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
The true character of a man is reflected in his friendships with others.

That's why only the stuck up privileged entitled can stand Marner anymore. Rumor is there were actually a couple rich hockey players refused to sign here because poor Marner's feelings were hurt by mean toxic fans like me. Now O'Reilly apparently went to bat for him regarding a trade.

Too bad for O'Reilly Trotz is smart enough not to trade for someone with a piss poor attitude.

He bought out Duchene and Johansen for personality reasons. Not because performance related. Marner would last as long in Nashville as Dubois did in LA.

I'm not in the minority wanting this penalty box cry baby loser off the team either.

The only people who want him here now know him personally. Other than his family I don't feel bad for anyone else associating with him. You're not responsible for your friends shitty behaviour.

But you will be judged by the company you keep.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well in this case a player tried to persuade his team to try and acquire him and said team did not try so it seems.
:laugh: You realize how dumb that sounds?

That's why only the stuck up privileged entitled can stand Marner anymore. Rumor is there were actually a couple rich hockey players refused to sign here because poor Marner's feelings were hurt by mean toxic fans like me. Now O'Reilly apparently went to bat for him regarding a trade.

Too bad for O'Reilly Trotz is smart enough not to trade for someone with a piss poor attitude.

He bought out Duchene and Johansen for personality reasons. Not because performance related. Marner would last as long in Nashville as Dubois did in LA.

I'm not in the minority wanting this penalty box cry baby loser off the team either.

The only people who want him here now know him personally. Other than his family I don't feel bad for anyone else associating with him. You're not responsible for your friends shitty behaviour.

:laugh:

Last edited:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You believe hearsay. Naïve.

Interesting... Were you in the room?
Burke said it on Radio/TV

ROR said it in and interview....so now what?

Lol what nonsense!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad