Report: ROR made an push for Preds to trade for MM

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marner to Nashville! Lets get this done Tre!

We need a cup, and ROR needs Marner.

Lets make it happen!!!
:yo:
Marner wouldn’t like playing hockey in Nashville. According to the weather apps it’s 85 and feels like 115 thousand today………. It’s actually quite plaesant and I’ve been outside in the sun most of the day.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Earth to Westeros.

Yeah, I’m sure the on record comments from all his teammates that’s he great in the room, they all love him, just fake news too. Right? OR, maybe just maybe, your little baseless construct is just that.

Instead of just arguing the merits of his play and trade issues, the fact people must demonize the guy to fit their own warped sensibilities, it just never ceases to amaze me. Mitch Marner, by all accounts, great teammate, friend, animal lover, philanthropic, generous to others. He seems a much better human being than most.

he's so great you could even say he's a God

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I have no idea who that report is from... but is it really all that shocking??

Nashville is a team that did not have a ton of high end talent... especially up front.

ROR has become a very quick leader on that team.

There are massive rumours of Marner being on the outs in Toronto; so maybe he let it be known to the team that it would be awesome if they could get him.

Maybe there was smoke to the fire about the Preds being interested in Marner. If that were the case, then presumably, one of the first things you're going to do if you're Barry Trotz is call up ROR and ask "can this guy fit with us". If you're ROR, and have a chance to get one of the best playmakers in the league, the answer is obviously yes.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
No one should be shocked by the idea that someone like Ryan O'Reilly would like if his team brought in Marner. Do I believe he was out there every moment telling Trotz he's got to do it? No. Likely that in discussions about the possiblity of trading for him they'd ask former teammates and ROR liked the idea of Marner in Nashville? Definitely. ROR has only had good things to say about his teammates and the locker room in his short time here, it would be no surprise he'd like someone like Marner there.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I have no idea who that report is from... but is it really all that shocking??

Nashville is a team that did not have a ton of high end talent... especially up front.

ROR has become a very quick leader on that team.

There are massive rumours of Marner being on the outs in Toronto; so maybe he let it be known to the team that it would be awesome if they could get him.

Maybe there was smoke to the fire about the Preds being interested in Marner. If that were the case, then presumably, one of the first things you're going to do if you're Barry Trotz is call up ROR and ask "can this guy fit with us". If you're ROR, and have a chance to get one of the best playmakers in the league, the answer is obviously yes.
Yep, and the Skinner rumor is the same. Marner was included in discussions about potential linemates for the same reason he wasn't excluded - he's currently on the roster.

I wouldn't be suprised if nobody can really tell what's going on because Leafs mgmt themselves don't know. Marner is likely a Leaf next year due to general confusion.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
No he hated the team, city, coach, GM and video coaches, but not the players.
To be fair most of those things have changed since he was here.

Anyway, I’m not surprised any top6 players wants to play with one of the top playmakers in the league. Even his biggest critics have to admit the guy is elite during the regular season and makes his line mates better.

Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
To be fair most of those things have changed since he was here.

Anyway, I’m not surprised any top6 players wants to play with one of the top playmakers in the league. Even his biggest critics have to admit the guy is elite during the regular season and makes his line mates better.

No idea why he isn't capable of being a center.

Point is 5'10", 178 lb.

Saying he is too small doesn't cut it.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
More likely that why give assets up for someone when you can just sign a couple guys for cash only?
Depends on the ask. I'd rather have one year of Marner for virtually free and then sign him for the equivalent of $12m for 4 or 5 more years in Nashville dollars ($9.5m) than Stamkos @ $8mx4.

Nashville fans should be glad they have Trotz and not our management.
100% but he signed Stammer for 4x$8m which feels like a huge overpay.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Depends on the ask. I'd rather have one year of Marner for virtually free and then sign him for the equivalent of $12m for 4 or 5 more years in Nashville dollars ($9.5m) than Stamkos @ $8mx4.

Yes. Depending on the ask..

Stammer for 4 years at 8 million seems steep.

Reactions: ToneDog

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

We will see how it plays out. He signed Stamkos but didn’t give up high quality multiple assets and still have to pay Marner 12+ million. At least Stamkos has Cups behind him. We are paying guys like multiple champs. We will probably give Tavares 7 here.

Reactions: ToneDog

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nashville fans should be glad they have Trotz and not our management.
He’s trying to do whatever he can to win while Josi is still a great player, but I keep warning the locals that it’s a short term fix and that it won’t bring a Cup but it will be exciting and fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad