Report: ROR made an push for Preds to trade for MM

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Remember the news that Dubas was interviewing with Pittsburgh and Crosby changed his plans and was flown in specifically just to meet Dubas personally. Then Crosby was interviewed and he laughed it off and said "not true"

Sidney Crosby Opens up About First Meeting With Kyle Dubas​

Sidney Crosby tells the story of meeting the new Pittsburgh Penguins president and what he's bringing to the organization.

During the process, a report came out about Dubas meeting with captain Sidney Crosby at the Penguins practice facility.
Crosby recently joined the 32 Thoughts Podcast and was asked about the meeting.

The first thing Crosby did was clear the air and state that he did not change any plans to meet Dubas at the facility, rather it was complete irony.
Crosby was just getting back to Pittsburgh after a vacation and was notified that Dubas would be meeting with team officials in Cranberry.
“They had said that he was going to the practice rink,” Crosby said. “I just happened to be there at the same time. It was really last minute.”

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
We don't know what ROR said, what we are getting is an "interpretation" from someone who is motivated to have a controversial headline to attract attention.

For those that are losing their minds thinking that players won't want to play here because of the fans, here's a different perspective from a player who just decided that he would love to play here:

MSN

Reactions: PromisedLand

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
These rumors are always so wishy washy. Doubt if would have been leaked as they clearly didn’t do it. Would create friction

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah, I am sure this is 100 percent accurate, like when Marner rejected 17 offer sheets.
Earth to Westeros.

Yeah, I’m sure the on record comments from all his teammates that’s he great in the room, they all love him, just fake news too. Right? OR, maybe just maybe, your little baseless construct is just that.

Instead of just arguing the merits of his play and trade issues, the fact people must demonize the guy to fit their own warped sensibilities, it just never ceases to amaze me. Mitch Marner, by all accounts, great teammate, friend, animal lover, philanthropic, generous to others. He seems a much better human being than most.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. There goes another bs narrative hater nation. Reality meet constructed fiction. ROR didn't hate Mitch in the room I guess eh? Oh man. Fake news I guess ;)

LOVE IT!

You are promoting a BS narrative. The correct fact of the matter is below.

Nobody ever said ROR hated Mitch.

Nobody even says Mitch is a bad player.

People did say he is not great in elimination and hard checking PO games.

People did say he is overpaid.

People also said he isnt very likable in the media and he tends to cry and whine etc.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You are promoting a BS narrative. The correct fact of the matter is below.

Nobody ever said ROR hated Mitch.

Nobody even says Mitch is a bad player.

People did say he is not great in elimination and hard checking PO games.

People did say he is overpaid.

People also said he isnt very likable in the media and he tends to cry and whine etc.
Ya okay lol. Willful ignorance is embarassing.

I don’t need you to confirm what I’ve read countless times, nor are you the Marner whisperer who okays what I’ll rebut or selective argues what people say. Cheers.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
The original article is actually from the Toronto Star (if you follow the links). It certainly wasn’t a headline and was presented in a matter of fact manner. I think it’s legit, simply based on the way it’s presented.

Reactions: Lauro

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yeah, I am sure this is 100 percent accurate, like when Marner rejected 17 offer sheets.
Yup first Marner was signing with a Swiss team. Then reports of at least two offersheets, and more on the way. Then it was just one was actually presented to Marner.. then Marner and his agent didn't want to divulge how much that offer sheet was for. Marner tried to insinuate that he didn't even find out the value...because he wasn't interested.

The 22-year-old declined to say whether the either of the offer sheets were worth more than what he signed for in Toronto.

"I don't want to go into any of that," Marner said."Like I kind of told Darren, I didn't really want them so I didn't ask for too many details about it. I'm not going to get into that."

Reactions: thewave

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Earth to Westeros.

Yeah, I’m sure the on record comments from all his teammates that’s he great in the room, they all love him, just fake news too. Right? OR, maybe just maybe, your little baseless construct is just that.

Instead of just arguing the merits of his play and trade issues, the fact people must demonize the guy to fit their own warped sensibilities, it just never ceases to amaze me. Mitch Marner, by all accounts, great teammate, friend, animal lover, philanthropic, generous to others. He seems a much better human being than most.
Ya it all sounds great, if he could just add committed, hard working clutch playoff performer to that list the fans would love him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad