Remembering some guys through Puckdoku

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Solid display of Witt.

1725284890373.png

Reactions: kvladimir

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
While I wait out a potential 0 in the main game...

Puckdoku Pyramid - 6/6🏆:

110 Uniqueness
No Lifelines Used

This was actually super hard... when I looked at it at first, I was like "oh, this probably has a bunch of options for the first couple squares... Thornton, obviously, but also, Brad Stuart, Craig Janney, Bill Guerin, maybe Al Iafrate...

Then, it hit me that it had to be 40+ assists WITH BOSTON. Drat... (Edit: actually, no! Or maybe the game is busted again?)

Full disclosure, I did reset this game a couple times... got me once with Glen Murray on the 100+ playoff games square, he played 94! :biglaugh::banghead:

Also - AHHHHH, RON SUTTER YOU SON OF A- :madfire: That's why my score was so high, it doesn't add when 100% of all players answered with the same guy, but it's 98.3% for Thornton! :eek2:

Screenshot (552).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 429 - 8/9:

104 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜🟩

Ooof, they actually gave me 4 possible squares for Josh Langfeld, and I picked DET/BOS? :laugh: What is wrong with me! So, 7 easy squares, and 2 hard ones that I made into 3! :facepalm:

Also, confused Petter Granberg with Korbinian Holzer, 2 German Dmen, one who played with ANA/NSH/TOR, the other just with NSH/TOR :eyeroll:

Screenshot (567).png

Reactions: DitchMarner

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 430 - 9/9🏆:

1 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Stupid OTT/EDM square, that's actually quite tough... could have got a 0 with Falloon, but went Nilsson instead :speechles

Ruined a couple nice ex-Canuck pulls :cry:

Screenshot (568).png

• Love

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Flew too close to the sun on this one... :ha:

Puckdoku Game 431 - 8/9:

100 Uniqueness
⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Dammit Roman Horak, why couldn't you have gotten a game in before the Erixon trade? :pout:

Edit: Awww, Churla and Anders Eriksson were right there, too! :facepalm:

Screenshot (569).png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Backtracking through Immaculate Grid and I managed to pull this off:

Only 7/9 are ex-Canucks too :D

Screenshot (570).png

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Stupid like a Fox!!! :mad:

This is probably the easiest grid I've ever gotten. I was murdering it until I incorrectly selected Nick Bjugstad instead of Scott! Ughhhh!

1725634473242.png

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 432 - 7/9:

205 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜

Eh, not bad I guess. Carson was higher than I figured. Messed up on DAL with Hogue (got 19 in 96-97, of course! :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:), and Bassen who was on the downswing by the time he was a Star. If I had stuck with the "pick an obvious guy for the higher-number squares for the lower ones" strategy, as I did with Deadmarsh, I could have hit on those squares with guys like Maruk, Gartner, Verbeek and Russ Courtnall! :laugh:

Screenshot (571).png

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Is thread all about showing your latest Puckdoku score? Weak. Big dealio. Thread title is very misleading.

lmao... what are you... the thread police?

My hobbies include reminiscing about retired obscure hockey players and you can bet your ass I'm going to do it and show off my results in a thread like this. Unless you can convince an admin or mod to lock this thread, you'll just have to ignore it. :)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
lmao... what are you... the thread police?

My hobbies include reminiscing about retired obscure hockey players and you can bet your ass I'm going to do it and show off my results in a thread like this. Unless you can convince an admin or mod to lock this thread, you'll just have to ignore it. :)
Nope, not the police. Just was an observation, comment and question.

But keep bragging about your quiz show prowess.

• Love

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Is thread all about showing your latest Puckdoku score? Weak. Big dealio. Thread title is very misleading.
I mean, you're not wrong, I guess? If the mods change the thread title that's fine. But, if you're not a Puckdoku / Immaculate Grid junkie like me (just hook it to my Fayne!), odds are you will still find lots of players in this thread that you forgot about, or didn't know played for a particular team. My mind was just recently blown coming across the name David Oliver (because I remembered having watched him play once I heard the name), which is cool!

I also welcome anyone to post their Puckdoku games! It's not a competition, and I would never brag about my score or mock others' scores for being high. It's not even a universal given that a low uniqueness score is the preferred way to play! I'm just here to remind people of players and make puns :thumbu:

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I mean, you're not wrong, I guess? If the mods change the thread title that's fine. But, if you're not a Puckdoku / Immaculate Grid junkie like me (just hook it to my Fayne!), odds are you will still find lots of players in this thread that you forgot about, or didn't know played for a particular team. My mind was just recently blown coming across the name David Oliver (because I remembered having watched him play once I heard the name), which is cool!

I also welcome anyone to post their Puckdoku games! It's not a competition, and I would never brag about my score or mock others' scores for being high. It's not even a universal given that a low uniqueness score is the preferred way to play! I'm just here to remind people of players and make puns :thumbu:
I actually play it every day, I play the pyramid game and also the game on Ho key reference. It is fun to test your memory.

• Love

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Started with the Doku Jr today:

Puckdoku Doku Jr - 3/4:

116 Uniqueness
🟩🟩
⬜🟩

Missed on Trevor Van Riemsdyk (CHI/WSH), he joined the Caps a couple seasons too late...

Edit: oh heck, I misinterpreted the rules of this one! I thought it had to be 2 Cup wins in the specified decade AND with 2 different franchises, but all these Golden Knights that were correct picks say otherwise... :help:

Screenshot (573).png

And regular game:

Puckdoku Game 434 - 9/9🏆:

2 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Ugh, WPG/CBJ is rough...

Also, wtf, lots of Patrik Carnback fans out there?

Screenshot (574).png

• Love

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
Puckdoku Game 435 - 8/9:

111 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Lol, no chance on this one, got a bit lucky in fact... My one miss was. uh... Claude Loiselle, who I apparently got confused with Pierre Larouche, who would still have been wrong... next guy on my list was Jean Pronovost, too bad... :banghead:

That % on Shanahan... :laugh:

Screenshot (575).png

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
This is tough...

I have no idea who Detroit's Captains were between Howe and Yzerman. The only Penguins Captains I'm sure of are Lemieux, Jagr and Crosby. I guessed Kehoe and that was a wrong answer. I can't name any Whalers/Hurricanes that have won an Olympic medal while playing for the franchise.

1725892518321.png

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Puckdoku Game 435 - 8/9:

111 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Lol, no chance on this one, got a bit lucky in fact... My one miss was. uh... Claude Loiselle, who I apparently got confused with Pierre Larouche, who would still have been wrong... next guy on my list was Jean Pronovost, too bad... :banghead:

That % on Shanahan... :laugh:

View attachment 906009

Looks like we got the exact same score. I think this is a first.

Wait... you're allowed to name players who played for a particular NHL franchise and won a Medal while not playing for the franchise? Ughhh. I should have gone with Holik for HAR/CAR then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad