Pre-Game Talk: Rematch with the Jets - Nov 18 @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
With how atrocious our bottom 6 has been recently, I think we need to consider rejigging the lines and spreading the wealth:

Perlini - McDavid - Puljujarvi

gives McDavid someone with a shot while keeping him with the puck hound / defensive minded Puljujarvi

Foegele - Draisaitl - Kassian

gives Draisaitl some bigger bodies to cycle and use the body

Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto

proven line that can put up some offense and is responsible defensively

McLeod - Ryan - Sceviour

the best of the rest

Thoughts?

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
With how atrocious our bottom 6 has been recently, I think we need to consider rejigging the lines and spreading the wealth:

gives McDavid someone with a shot while keeping him with the puck hound / defensive minded Puljujarvi

Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto

McLeod - Ryan - Sceviour

the best of the rest

Thoughts?

I’ve wanted to see RNH tried at 3C after the Detroit fiasco, the thing to consider is that 3rd line will have reduced minutes. With that in mind, I’d look to have Hyman and Foegele swapped on your lines.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Should be looked at as a statement game.

Hit everything that moves and give us the first complete 60 minute effort of the year.

Would like to see McDavid and Draisaitl continue to be physical and punish that team as well. Bunch of dirty players that get away with a lot of liberties so force the refs to call it both ways or continue to ignore it.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I’ve wanted to see RNH tried at 3C after the Detroit fiasco, the thing to consider is that 3rd line will have reduced minutes. With that in mind, I’d look to have Hyman and Foegele swapped on your lines.
Same.

We need some kind of HBK line equivalent to be a cup contender.
This team won't go anywhere without Nuge running the other teams clocks as 3C.

He can collect his minutes and points on the Special teams.

Reactions: Oilhawks

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
That’s fair and I was considering that as well, but I also think Draisaitl can take advantage of Foegele’s chaos more than RNH could. Honestly the LW is pretty interchangeable depending on chemistry. I would keep the RW the same though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Put RNH on the 3rd line and give him the best possible wingers. Run 3 lines.

They better come out screaming or this is going to be awfully telling.

Reactions: Duke74

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
LAFShX32UwUj6.gif

If this team has any kind of pride, they will come out flying, attempting to pound these clowns every chance they get, both physically and on the score sheet. If they don't, that's a really REALLY BAD sign. They should just forfeit the playoffs if that's the case...

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Hyman - RNH - Yamamoto

McLeod - Ryan - Sceviour

the best of the rest

Thoughts?
Winnipeg seems to beat us no matter what, but I agree. What do we have to lose ?? I just want an even average third line. Is that so much to ask for :( ?????

Dakkon

Aug 20, 2021
Sherwood Park
I like this Idea, although I agree with Oilhawks suggestion of switching Hyman and Foegele on those lines. Haha I wonder if instead of Perlini on the top line what if the Oilers try Mcleod who IMO has improved by leaps and bounds since the start of the season.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I eagerly await the slow start, the waiting for a power play, the ineffective play of the bottom six, the subpar goaltending…

Wish I could disagree, but the Oilers haven't put forth a performance this year to counter your prediction.

If nothing else, I guarantee this game will be frustrating to watch. It's amazing how many times the Oilers defense has me facepalming every game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Think the boys will get a boost being back home with the crowd. They’ll get up for the game.

Jets D is tough to crack 5v5. And their overall gamesmanship, gaming the refs, and coaching is better than the Oilers.

Need everything to fire on all cylinders for once. D can’t make be making egregious mistakes. Bottom 6 has to rise to the challenge and match their competition. Top 6 talent I won’t worry about, they’ll come out flying with the crowd. Skinner will be in, and I have more confidence in him still that Kosko despite neither being the answer. Huge game for the Oilers, a 2 game sweep against the Jets that gave us trouble in the playoffs would be extremely demoralizing but maybe the wake up call to Holland that his off season work wasn’t what he had hoped.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Honestly, I think the Jets have our number now.
Hellebyuck, clutch/grab/interference/cheat/embellishment style that doesn't get called, and a far more effective defense and bottom 6.
Even owning the possession numbers means very little against those inequality factors (as evidenced by the playoff series).
McDrai might steal us a game against them, but they get absolutely mauled to no benefits. Luckily just face them 3 times this season.

Expecting another loss.
Real shame our division is doing so well overall, that 11-4 buffer isn't as shielding as it should be.

Hopefully it doesn't catch up to us.... I don't see that inconsistent goaltending unless Kosko gets more rest/Skinner somehow finds a professional groove in his barely started NHL career/Mike Smith can come back post-injury and seamlessly recapture last year's form. I don't see defense improving unless Nurse wakes the **** up and starts earning his ridiculous contract / we find an actual LHD upgrade that makes Keith-Ceci the 3rd pair and pushed Russell and Koekoek out of the line up.

Slight solace is that even with inconsistent goaltending, poor defense, not everyone going on cylinders... we still have a good record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium