Remain Calm...All is Well

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think the calls for a total rebuild are a bit much, put me in the re-load category.

Looking at what we have:(with a healthy 63)

63-37-21 We have a line here that can hang with anyone in the league. The point totals don't scream "top line" but everything else does. I hope Marchy and Bergy are here for a good long time and I hope Eriksson is brought back too. He's a good-great 2 way player and if he can be re-signed anywhere near his current cap hit I'm all for it. He's a younger Kelly with a goal scoring touch...and that's far from an insult.

39-46-88 This is our only 5 on 5 scoring threat early this season.(I hope they have some company soon!) Krejci is a proven point producer who elevates his game in the playoffs. Pasta has the skills and the attitude of a winner, hopefully he continues to develop and thrives here. It's still early with Beleskey but I think he's doing his job...isn't lighting it up yet but his presence on this line seems to be working given that the other 2 are producing.

11-51-14 Disappointing start for this trio and if I were Sweeney I would let them play it out for a bit while keeping the phone lines/ears open for an upgrade, which should be said for the rest of the roster as well. But Spooner has the talent, seems to have the drive...lets see what the other 2 have.

23,41,36,25,64, etc. I wish Talbot being waived meant Randell was getting some time in. I thought when Talbot was acquired he and Kelly would be our anchor pair on the 4th line, not so sure he can help us at this point in his career. I think Clodes gotta pick the best 3 and let them gel.

So for the forwards we seem to have a legit top 6, in my opinion, and a few question marks in the bottom 6. Blow it up? No, tweak it a bit as needed as the year plays out.

The defensive group is obviously in shambles but there is no point in dwelling on what's gone. Chara, until proven otherwise is a top dman. i think his partner comes through process of elimination.

47-54 In the good ole days these guys were 5 & 6, today I think they have the experience and maturity to at least try and pass as a second pairing lol. I say that because although they may get burned now and then, they've been around long enough to deal with it and not cave/regress.

45-48 Morrow (once back from flu) and Colin playing as a 3rd pair should be sheltered enough to not be overwhelmed, while getting burned every now and then to learn and grow. I like the potential of both these guys.

So that leaves Kevan, Trots and eventually Seids as Big Z's partner, pick your poison. Well, I guess I'm a little less comfy with our D group now then I was when I started typing this ha ha. I hope Tuukka can find his 'A' game...and quick.

To conclude this novel, the Bruins, to me, are only a couple upgrades away from where we want them, if we lose all year, it sucks but so be it, could be a good draft. I'd rather keep the core together and look for upgrades here and there as the season progresses than dump our talent and start over.

Nice second post.

Is your username from "Lucky Number Slevin"? One of my favorite movies nobody has seen :D

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just heard on TSN 690 here in Montreal, Pierre McGuire confirmed what Dregger and Bobby Mack were echoing this morning. There are no real rumours regarding Bruins trading Marchand or Chara.

He also went on to say that our defense has been subpar even using the term "junior league". He doesn't think we are playoff team (surprise!) and that Boston needs to get it together quickly.

These guys all seemed convinced that Julien will be fired and was left in place for that reason. Price and Starr on the morning show, Melnick, McQuire and LeBrun are all saying the same ****. McQuire was suggesting that if they lose both games on this road trip, which he seemed to fully expect, the **** is going to start hitting the fan .

Last edited:

Juneau

Oct 13, 2015
I should have said my favorite movie that more people should see or that only enlightened people have seen.

Sorry :D

Ha, no need to apologize, I agree.

The ones who deserve an apology are the local Bruin fans, ST holders and others who've bought ticket packs this year.

I hope they aren't holding their collective breath.

On the bright side, other teams recently have had down years and rebounded fairly quickly; Tampa drafting Drouin & Montreal grabbing Galchenyuk are two in our division recently. Too many people here want to draw comparisons to the Leafs right now...hopefully we're just seeing a little KC shuffle!!!

Last edited:

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
funny, but that leadership last season brought about a slightly fractured dressing room.

are the 'other' veteran players the right ones, maybe not.

and no, the way to develop young players is not necessarily to put them into a position to fail and hope they make the best of it.

The coaching staff should be helping fix that locker room too...

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
First win in going to happen tonight!! I just know it will!

Well, at one point, Rask will allow less than 4 goals and give a chance/steal one for the team. It might really be tonight. But lately, the Bruins don't have a very good record against the Avs. Time for a change I guess...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well, at one point, Rask will allow less than 4 goals and give a chance/steal one for the team. It might really be tonight. But lately, the Bruins don't have a very good record against the Avs. Time for a change I guess...

Streaks all have to end at some point, right? :laugh:

Why not now? Why not them?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good call by Joe. Now if he can only go to the Calgary board and do this about the future of Dougie Hamilton. He was a -2 last night and it might be time to announce he is Doug Hamilton and see if he can't at least get back to being a serviceable defensemsan

Who ever thought Colin Miller would be better

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good call by Joe. Now if he can only go to the Calgary board and do this about the future of Dougie Hamilton. He was a -2 last night and it might be time to announce he is Doug Hamilton and see if he can't at least get back to being a serviceable defensemsan

Who ever thought Colin Miller would be better

If Hamilton were actually the player that people acted like he was after the trade (pickforks coming out like he was a Bourque/Pronger/Lidstrom) I'd be more angry about losing that type of talent than I was after the Thornton trade.

In a normal year if Hamilton started mouthing off wanting a huge raise as a RFA I'd turn into a Sinden disciple and tell him to freakin learn to yodel. Sometimes I side with the players similar situation the Kings had an awful regular season their first cup year because they wouldn't pay Doughty I thought that was stupid on LA's part.

AND the posters who treated him like a young Bourque after the trade when they wanted to slam Donny on here probably would be with me in refusing to pay a human turnstyle over 6 mil per even if hes tall and a good skater with good stats in a normal year with no offer sheet bs.

But again thats in a normal year though without a clown ex gm publicly talking offer sheets. Add that into the mix and I was cool the entire way with how it played out I realized a week or so before the deadline the kid would have resigned by now if he wanted to be here but he wanted more he was like the guy in Wheel of Fortune who spins again even though he can already solve the puzzle.

I am truly shocked hes been THIS bad in Calgary. I guess if he can raise his game to simply average and chip in some points there fans will be thrilled.

Great move on his part for himself and the Bruins it would have been really really ugly him playing like this with Chara's cap hit for us. Total trainwrekc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad