Reinsdorf considering selling the White Sox

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It's been known his kids want to divest from Sox

But selling to a group that's motive appears on surface to move team will destroy his legacy and hopefully the Bulls who his kids want to retain will suffer backlash

If MLB allows White Sox to be relocated, I will stop watching baseball

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Great irony of Dave Stewart being a A’s legend involved here.

One I saw the thread title, I wondered if this was going on.

Baseball without the White Sox would be like the NHL without the Islanders

Stewarts baseball career off the field has been pretty horrible across the board. Don’t have a ton of faith in him being able to move a historic franchise.

That Shelby Miller trade… good god

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's been known his kids want to divest from Sox

But selling to a group that's motive appears on surface to move team will destroy his legacy and hopefully the Bulls who his kids want to retain will suffer backlash

If MLB allows White Sox to be relocated, I will stop watching baseball
For once, we agree.

To me, the White Sox are a team that is just important to the history of the sport like the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers; Maybe not so much in hardware but the fact they've been around for so long.

It would feel incredibly wrong to see them moved.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stewarts baseball career off the field has been pretty horrible across the board. Don’t have a ton of faith in him being able to move a historic franchise.

That Shelby Miller trade… good god
Dave Dombrowski was in his circle trying to get a team to Nashville. He left and came to the Phillies because he was told it wasn’t going to happen.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Reinsdorf is somehow the principal owner, yet only owns 19% of the team, have to imagine it would be hard for a group lead by Stewart or anyone else to be able to relocate them easily with a situation like that

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Sun Times today:

Screenshot_20241017-082719_Firefox.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad