Reinsdorf considering selling the White Sox

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yes please! The CHSN situation has been inexcusably sloppy. The Bulls have been drifting aimlessly in mediocrity and the White Sox have been an outright embrassment to professional sports.

Thanks for the 90's Bulls and the 05 Sox my man! Now GTFO

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
As has already been speculated, the name-dropped interested party is a group that pretty blatantly wants to move them to Nashville. Hopefully the risk of destroying his "legacy" (even more than he already has) and the fact that his family still wants Chicagoans to support the Bulls lead to them finding a Chicago buyer instead.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Isn't Dave Stewart tied to a group wanting to bring a team to Nashville?

Edit: Saw above post. Apparently yes
He is no longer in that group.

...and he’d been working with Music City Baseball, an investment group that has been championing the prospect of landing an expansion team it would call the Nashville Stars, until last November, when he left the group citing “philosophical differences.”

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Reinsdorf providing clicks for the Sun Times at least

Screenshot_20241017-082719_Firefox.jpg

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Stewart is also an Oakland native. So he could be looking at Nashville and beating Music City to the punch based on his knowledge of the development of that project...

OR, he could be looking to replace the A's in the East Bay; And would he seek a "branding trade" with Fisher if he did so?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Stewart is also an Oakland native. So he could be looking at Nashville and beating Music City to the punch based on his knowledge of the development of that project...

OR, he could be looking to replace the A's in the East Bay; And would he seek a "branding trade" with Fisher if he did so?

So, Vegas White Sox with Fisher owning and the Athletics in Oakland or more likely Sacramento with Stewart and group owning and bringing Ranadive on board?

Isn't that sort of pie in the sky?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

I’m not sure the Giants will ever let another team come to Northern California once the A’s are gone. They’ll assert that it’s all their territory now and block anyone else just as they blocked the A’s from moving to San Jose.

Also doubt Reinsdorf would sell to anyone who doesn’t intend to keep the Sox in Chicago. While it’s been known for awhile that he thinks his family should sell the Sox (and not the Bulls) once he dies, I doubt he would be willing to sell them while alive to someone who will move them.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A saving grace for Sox fans is that I get a feeling that the family selling to the team to someone obviously planning on moving them would lead to a fan backlash at their remaining portfolio, the Bulls, and that'd make them hesitant to do so.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The value of the team instantly plummets with a move.

Why would anyone pay Chicago price to put a team in Nashville? And if MLB is intent on expanding, why would they let someone move a team there and line Reinsdorf's pocket, not their own?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The value of the team instantly plummets with a move.

Why would anyone pay Chicago price to put a team in Nashville? And if MLB is intent on expanding, why would they let someone move a team there and line Reinsdorf's pocket, not their own?

I don't think they should move and I don't think they will but this first argument is not genuine.

I hear this argument with the A's also but it's just a wrong argument. There's already a much more popular team in Chicago.

You aren't leaving Chicago market for Nashville, you're leaving the equivalent of maybe 30% of the Chicago market for Nashville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad