Value of: Reilly Smith

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
What would Vegas want for Reilly Smith from NY?

Expiring contract and a familiar winger for Gallant who can slide up and down the lineup.

Does a 2nd and 4th get it done at the TDL?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Vegas kind of loves the guy. Unless he has to be cut for cap space, and I'm not sure he does, then why would Vegas move him? Certainly not for picks when the team has pushed to win for their entire existence.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Vegas kind of loves the guy. Unless he has to be cut for cap space, and I'm not sure he does, then why would Vegas move him? Certainly not for picks when the team has pushed to win for their entire existence.

dont they have to cut sal to get Eichel in? I see capfriendly with about a $5M overage, give or take depending on LTIR, etc

I think Reilly is exactly the guy to go, with exactly that amount, on an expiring contract. Only other is Dadonov, and I think teams will be much more reluctant to take that extra year on an older guy.

I'd expect something like the Schmidt trade, 3rd or so?

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
The Coyotes might be willing to retain half on Kessel and swap him for Reilly plus a pick or prospect.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They either try and move Dadonov in offseason to help re-sign Smith, who may re-sign for a very similar deal that is currently set to expire in July.

Or

They simply do what CHI and TB did and wait until after trade deadline to activate Eichel.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
dont they have to cut sal to get Eichel in? I see capfriendly with about a $5M overage, give or take depending on LTIR, etc

I think Reilly is exactly the guy to go, with exactly that amount, on an expiring contract. Only other is Dadonov, and I think teams will be much more reluctant to take that extra year on an older guy.

I'd expect something like the Schmidt trade, 3rd or so?

If Eichel isn't out until the playoffs they're going to have to clear around 7m I think. Personally I'd rather they keep and sign Smith and move Pacioretty at this point. He's been injured too much come playoff time and his cap hit his bigger. Dadonov has been a real good fit with Stone and he goes to the dirty areas more. Then we could keep the Misfit line together.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What would Vegas want for Reilly Smith from NY?

Expiring contract and a familiar winger for Gallant who can slide up and down the lineup.

Does a 2nd and 4th get it done at the TDL?

lol. Contending team sells a better player at the deadline for nothing because?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If Smith become available I could see Boston in the mix. They know he can play with Bergeron and Marchand and could allow them to unite Pasta and Hall.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If Smith become available I could see Boston in the mix. They know he can play with Bergeron and Marchand and could allow them to unite Pasta and Hall.

No. He hates Marchand and they will never play on a team together.

Reactions: Jacob582

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
They either try and move Dadonov in offseason to help re-sign Smith, who may re-sign for a very similar deal that is currently set to expire in July.

Or

They simply do what CHI and TB did and wait until after trade deadline to activate Eichel.

They have to be cap compliant until the last day of the regular season. That's April 29th, which is 5 months away.

https://thehockeywriters.com/golden-knights-news-rumors-eichel-brooks-marchessault/

Before the surgery, Eichel told the media that he hoped to recover in three months, which would put him back on the ice in February. Obviously, we are a ways away from seeing whether or not that will be the case, but the good news is that he is now finally progressing and should be able to suit up at some point during the 2021-22 season.

The surgery was performed on Nov 12th. If he is healthy and ready to go, they won't be able to keep him on LTIR until the end of April.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How'd CHI and TB pull it off then?
Genuinely asking, maybe I missed some details?

Chicago and Tampa didn't activate Kane and Kucherov, respectively, until after the end of the regular season. There was some talk about how they could have possibly activated those players sooner, but there was enough gray area there that the league couldn't do anything. But in those cases, we are talking about a week or two, not a month or two.

It's totally possible that Eichel's recovery will take longer than expected, and maybe they will be able to keep him on LTIR until the playoffs. But I don't get the idea that they'd be too thrilled with that option. I think they'd prefer to get him playing sooner rather than later. He hasn't played in a long time. He's coming into a new team, with new systems. And unlike Tampa and Kucherov, I don't think Vegas is a lock to make the playoffs without Eichel.

We'll see how it plays out, but right now it's looking like they'll need to make a move to accommodate his cap hit at some point.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Chicago and Tampa didn't activate Kane and Kucherov, respectively, until after the end of the regular season. There was some talk about how they could have possibly activated those players sooner, but there was enough gray area there that the league couldn't do anything. But in those cases, we are talking about a week or two, not a month or two.

It's totally possible that Eichel's recovery will take longer than expected, and maybe they will be able to keep him on LTIR until the playoffs. But I don't get the idea that they'd be too thrilled with that option. I think they'd prefer to get him playing sooner rather than later. He hasn't played in a long time. He's coming into a new team, with new systems. And unlike Tampa and Kucherov, I don't think Vegas is a lock to make the playoffs without Eichel.

We'll see how it plays out, but right now it's looking like they'll need to make a move to accommodate his cap hit at some point.

Thanks, think I confused trade deadline opening/expansion of rosters with the regular season cap ending.

Would agree VGK needs Eichel back but they've also been missing some other key guys for most of the year.
They seem to be heating up again, slowly though.
They should have no problem getting that 3rd spot in Pacific.

ANA will come back to earth imo.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Kucherov was skating and practicing with the team months prior to being activated

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kucherov was skating and practicing with the team months prior to being activated

But was he fully healthy, or was it just part of his rehab? Being on the ice and practicing doesn't mean he's going full tilt and taking contact.

Pastrnak had a similar surgery and was out for 4 1/2 months. He had surgery on Sept 16th and played his first game on Jan 30th.

Kucherov had his surgery on Dec 30th and played his first game on May 16th. That's 4 1/2 months.

Like I said, maybe he could have come back a week or two earlier, but the league obviously didn't see enough there to nail them for circumvention. Eichel is expected to be back 2 1/2 months before the season ends.

Doctor lays out timetables for Eichel recovery | News 4 Buffalo

When asked how long Jack would miss time for each option, the answers varied. If Eichel were to get the fusion surgery, Prusmack said “In my practice, three months. That varies across the nation.”
If he opts for a replacement surgery, then he could be back on the ice much sooner. Prusmack said, “Everything goes well, implant in place on flexion extension x-rays, asymptomatic and he is in shape, six weeks.”
Basically he would be able to get back on the ice in six weeks, and would be able to go full contact on the ice around eight to 12 weeks after the surgery.

He had the surgery on Nov 12th. 12 weeks is February 4th. The season ends on April 29th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad