Confirmed with Link: Reilly Smith (PIT) to NYR for a 2nd rounder + 5th

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
In another sense, it’s clear that this cores window is now, like, this year and next and less possibly 3 seasons at the very most.
It is honestly this season. Trouba will be gone. I wonder if Panarin could be as well, depends on how he performs. The good news is that the cap is going up finally. Panarin at 11.6M will be ~12% of the cap, possibly more.

The NHL will have 82 games from each team and the 4 nations tourney. This will generate much more revenue for the league. On top of that Utah probably is a big spike based on actually bringing back a profit. Outside of Winnipeg, the teams will draw. Could we see 95M as the cap number? I wonder if they'd go even higher.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
So much for getting the passer that Z wanted.

Very uneventful day.
So Z could blast shots wide of the net? He has one of the worst and most inaccurate shots I have see in a long time.

Sounds like a mature professional leader.

Most mundane, nothing of a GM just like he was as a player. Completely afraid to take any risk to put this team over the top. He's blowing this core's windows. Just admit they can't win and sell. Stop with the bare minimum effort. He did nothing to improve this team. This summer was a pivitol summer for this team and he did absolutely nothing but waste another 2nd round pick and whatever cap space he created by stabbing Goodrow in the back and I don't even think Goodrow was good. Then he pulls the stunt with Trouba and doesn't even see it through, all he did was create a cess pool of drama about it.

For all the BS Sather got, at least he took chances to make the team better.

This team isn't winning with Drury around.
Well said from your couch. Lol.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Sounds like a mature professional leader.

Most mundane, nothing of a GM just like he was as a player. Completely afraid to take any risk to put this team over the top. He's blowing this core's windows. Just admit they can't win and sell. Stop with the bare minimum effort. He did nothing to improve this team. This summer was a pivitol summer for this team and he did absolutely nothing but waste another 2nd round pick and whatever cap space he created by stabbing Goodrow in the back and I don't even think Goodrow was good. Then he pulls the stunt with Trouba and doesn't even see it through, all he did was create a cess pool of drama about it.

For all the BS Sather got, at least he took chances to make the team better.

This team isn't winning with Drury around.
This line made me laugh. My life must really suck because Drury has done at least a half dozen things that individually would be the highlight of my life.

1. Pitches and wins the little league world series.
2. Hobey Baker award winner
3. Olympian
4. NHL Rookie of the year
5. Stanley cup champion
6. Captain of two NHL teams
7. Named Captain Clutch for game winning playoff goals

LOL geez my life sucks. I want that mundane career! :D

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I understand that but I meant that I don’t give a shit in the sense that Drury showed his hand and he’s gotta make it work
It doesn't matter what he does if the other team(s) are unwilling to trade for Trouba given his well publicized situation. I think it's going to be very difficult to trade him until after this year.
This line made me laugh. My life must really suck because Drury has done at least a half dozen things that individually would be the highlight of my life.

1. Pitches and wins the little league world series.
2. Hobey Baker award winner
3. Olympian
4. NHL Rookie of the year
5. Stanley cup champion
6. Captain of two NHL teams
7. Named Captain Clutch for game winning playoff goals

LOL geez my life sucks. I want that mundane career! :D
Some posts this week have been so ignorant it's embarrassing.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
It doesn't matter what he does if the other team(s) are unwilling to trade for Trouba given his well publicized situation. I think it's going to be very difficult to trade him until after this year.

Absolutely. We have to assume it's all downhill for Troubs, in all aspects of his game, from here on out. He has to be dealt in the next half year.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Only if it doesn't cost us anything. I'm not spending picks to move the guy.
I would not trade a high pick but depending on the whole picture I might consider lower picks. For example if we need cap room to trade for another player that we feel will improve our team and all that is holding us back if a #4 pick I'd be fine with that scenario.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I would not trade a high pick but depending on the whole picture I might consider lower picks. For example if we need cap room to trade for another player that we feel will improve our team and all that is holding us back if a #4 pick I'd be fine with that scenario.

That's about the most I'd trade. No seconds. No firsts. I wouldn't even want to do a third.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That's about the most I'd trade. No seconds. No firsts. I wouldn't even want to do a third.
I would not do a first. Anything else I would consider if the potential big picture trade was really good. If there is a great player out there to be had (if we had cap room) I would not let a 2nd stop me. The devil is in the details. I'm more concerned with the bigger picture. If we needed to move a 2nd to get the cap room for a great player I just view it all together as part of the bigger trade.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't see what one has to do with the other. Kakko is on a prove it deal as far as I am concerned.
Why bring him back to be RW3? What are you getting out of that? The point is to see if he can break out. He’s not doing that at RW3.

On the other hand, if you’re Chris Drury, chances are you’re on the hot seat and you can’t hinge your chances of winning a cup on Kakko breaking out.

The only thing that makes sense is to move him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why bring him back to be RW3? What are you getting out of that? The point is to see if he can break out. He’s not doing that at RW3.

On the other hand, if you’re Chris Drury, chances are you’re on the hot seat and you can’t hinge your chances of winning a cup on Kakko breaking out.

The only thing that makes sense is to move him.

Ok. And what if you aren’t offered enough to move him?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think Kakko is fine at RW3, playing with Chytil and Cuylle. But do you guys feel like Smith is really the ideal option in the top-6?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Ok. And what if you aren’t offered enough to move him?
If he doesn’t break out, you pray that someone will take him in a deadline move that helps bolster a playoff run.

It’s really a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

then you move him at a loss apparently, because some people want him off the team more than they want him to succeed on it.
That’s not the case.

I just have trouble seeing Drury hinge his chances of winning a cup on a player that hasn’t lived up to expectations, especially when he’s likely on the hot seat.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think Kakko is fine at RW3, playing with Chytil and Cuylle. But do you guys feel like Smith is really the ideal option in the top-6?
Right now either guy is "fine" at those positions (based on their previous play) BUT if we want to win a cup neither is "ideal" unless they raise their games.

Reactions: bhamill

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
then you move him at a loss apparently, because some people want him off the team more than they want him to succeed on it.
I think those people are in a small minority.

In regards to KK I think there are multiple groups.

1. Think he is already very good.
2. Think he will be very good one day but not yet.
3. Want him to succeed but not sure about his skills.
4. Want him to succeed but not sure he has that mentality.
5. Do not want him to succeed.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I think those people are in a small minority.

In regards to KK I think there are multiple groups.

1. Think he is already very good.
2. Think he will be very good one day but not yet.
3. Want him to succeed but not sure about his skills.
4. Want him to succeed but not sure he has that mentality.
5. Do not want him to succeed.
I’m of the opinion that Kakko is already good, especially for his contract, and will most likely be very good soon.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad