Regular season St. Louis Blues point total

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Athletic predicts an 80 point season. What’s everyone’s expectations?

Last year the Blues had 81 points. I’m going to guess they do worse than last year and fully embrace the tank by the TDL.

I won’t be surprised if that happens they move on from Berube.

My guess is 72 points.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Many of you might consider that a bold prediction, but I don't think so. I think anywhere from 70-95 is a reasonable guess. There are too many unknowns going into this season. But I really like our forward group and our goaltending. I don't know if it's possible for our defense to be worse than last season, but who knows. I'll guess that our forward group surprises and our defense improves some, as well as our special teams (especially our PK). I think those things, balanced against the players we subtracted from last season, will translate into about 10 more points than last season. I think we'll be in a position to possibly make the playoffs late in the season but it will become clear that we're gonna miss some time in early April.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This year I am going with very little insight. I truly wouldn't be shocked to see a 100pt playoff team or a 60 point lottery team. One or two key injuries and that's pretty much a wrap on the year as depth is questionable IMO.

I truly think by Christmas though we will have a clear picture of whether this is retool or of it is time to tear it down and rebuild. This draft would be another good one to have multiple first as it is loaded with quality top4 potential defenseman.

Reactions: Brian39

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
86 points for no other reason than it’s close to what we did last year and it seemed realistic.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I think the team will be better then last year. ROR was a shell of himself, Taransenko wasn't all that great either. I think the team D will be better also, so I fully expect us to make a run the playoffs and be in the hunt going down the stretch.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I’ll go with 89. Our top line is going to win us some games.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
78. About the same as last year but a little worse. We will sell, but we won't bring in players around the TDL like last year. We were bolstered by some better than expected play after the TDL that I don't think we should expect this year. So we'll be a little better in the front half of the season and a good bit worse in back half leading to 75-80ish points.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Why do you all think we're going to suck? Same defense as the year before last that performed very well. We're only missing ROR and Tarasenko really. We're also much faster, with Kap and Vrana. The change back to a legitimate defense structure is the biggest change. God, MacTavish literally trashed an entire year of our franchise.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm going to say 91, an improvement over last season but still not enough to reach the playoffs. We'll be howling about drafting 14th or so overall, but I feel like the growth of some of the players on the roster will more than offset the modest erosion of our draft position.

I think we will see Scandella moved before Christmas to a team that loses a key defender long-term, clearing the log jam at LD. With 50% retention, his cap hit will only be about $1.6M or about double the league minimum. I also think we see a cameo appearance from Jimmy Snuggerud at the end of the season, even if it is just for a few games. I also think we see both Dean and Bolduc spend the entire season in the AHL, as guys like Neighbours, Blais, and even Sunny move up to fill in for any injuries in the Top 6/Top 9.

Reactions: stl76

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Why do you all think we're going to suck? Same defense as the year before last that performed very well. We're only missing ROR and Tarasenko really. We're also much faster, with Kap and Vrana. The change back to a legitimate defense structure is the biggest change. God, MacTavish literally trashed an entire year of our franchise.
They can't disappoint me if I expect them to be bad... lol

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
80-90 range seems practical. I could also see this group being a version of the 97-98 team that surprises everyone. 72-76 wouldn't be shocking either. Meh. Just happy it's hockey season.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
92. The dreaded mushy middle. 8th place in the West will be 95 pts. The Blues will draft 14th overall.

Mar 6, 2012
Slightly worse than last year. Picking in the 8-10 spot.

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
We played terrible last year, had terrible goaltending and put up 81 points. The year prior was 109. Split the difference, we are putting up 95 points this year and probably taking a wildcard spot.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

Army said in his latest interview he looks at the league in thirds. He expects the Blues to be in the middle 3rd and he hopes to compete for the top of the middle third.

That's as optimistic as the GM of the Blues is.

Given that info, how optimistic should fans be?

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Army said in his latest interview he looks at the league in thirds. He expects the Blues to be in the middle 3rd and he hopes to compete for the top of the middle third.

That's as optimistic as the GM of the Blues is.

Given that info, how optimistic should fans be?

Considering we're BLues fans you would think our optimism would be tempered.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I could see 95 if things go well and I can see 80 if they don’t. I just don’t know. For arguments sake, I’ll take the middle at 88

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ll say 86. Pretty much middle of the pack. There are a few really bad teams and then the Blues are in the next tier up from that with teams like the Caps, Preds etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00