Redo One Move From Your Team In The Last 20 Years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
For the Sens: draft Kopitar instead of Brian Lee in the 2005 draft.

Not only would it be better long-term, but Kopitar's first season was 2006-2007, where he put up 61 points. If the Sens had him that year, they would have stood a much better chance against the Ducks in the Finals.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hiring Brian Burke. What a disaster. I don’t get it, why did he try to win right away? Just sit quietly, evaluate your team that first year. Don’t trade for Kessel, don’t trade for Dion. Just make your high draft picks. Would have been much more successful.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
For Pittsburgh

1. Extending Mike Sullivan’s coaching contract
2. Selling to those FSG trust-fund jackasses
3. Moving Iginla to LW
4. Hiring that braindead oaf, Ron Hextall
5. Hiring Dubas
6. Not moving on from Letang years ago

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Hiring Dim Benning/Weisbrod/Travis Green/Willie Desjardins. Leading to 8 years of darkness and mediocrity.

Others off top of my head in no order:
Drafting Bourdon (Rip) over Kopitar
Drafting Juolevi over M.Tkachuk
Drafting Virtanen over Ehlers/Nylander
OEL Trade (atleast we got Garland out of it)

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
A tough one. Because hiring Sullivan won the two cups but then it also gave him full immunity from the stupid shit he's done 7 seasons after.

FSG buying the team would be it I guess. Because Mario and Co would panic and fire Sullivan by now, FSG loves it's fellow Masshole so much they let him hire his clone and fellow Masshole.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It was bad, but Erik Karlsson (the one undo) and PLD (not undone because of Karlsson) > Teubert and Vilardi, Kupari, Iafallo and the 1st Alfons Freij (the total players lost).
I’m not a fan of what ifs because Karlsson has proven to be a good player exclusively on bad teams. I don’t think the Kings missing out on Karlsson means anything.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hiring Steve Yzerman to replace Gainey instead of Pierre Gauthier (& the being stuck with Bergevin).

Scott Gomez trade. Ryan McD & PK in their prime would've been a heck of a duo.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Sabres have so many

- Letting Drury and Briere walk in 2007.
- Not taking the 4 first round picks from Vanek offersheet (also 2007)
- Pegula buying the team and not bringing in respected senior leadership as a buffer between himself and hockey operations. (Pegula buys Sabres 2011, LaFontaine is fired/quits as president of hockey operations in 2014 never to be replaced).
- Tanking so aggressively for McDavid. In hindsight not worth it (probably even if we get him). McDavid drafted in 2015.

Reactions: DaveG

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
The idea of trading those picks for a soon-to-be in the lineup d-man was alright. The target was ridiculous and seemed to be based on Chiarelli falling in love with Reinhart at the draft and pro scouts not doing their jobs. That's using my imagination a bit, who knows why he targeted Reinhart!?
He was an Oil King

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
For the Avs it should obviously be about the draft and actually employing a capable scouting staff. Since 2009 they don’t seem to have any idea what to do without a top 10 pick.

Duncan Siemens and Tyson Jost picks sucked, but the biggest joke of them all has to be Conner Bleackley.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
2018: Hextall could repeat “Holmgren summer of 2007”.
Trade for O’Reily/Stone, top-4 D, adding them to Giroux, Voracek, Couturier in their prime. Provorov and Konecny were on their ELC. It could be something good

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Telling Brent Seabrook thank you for your services but we’re not giving you an eight year deal. Your best years are behind you and this contract will reflect that. Take it or leave it.

Hawks were tight up against the cap for some crucial years because of that contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad