Redden as option?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
At first I said awwww hell naw in the poll, but after thinking about it there is potential there for it to be a solid move but it just seems to risky to bring him in and actually expect him to contribute at this point in his career. I guess he could be better than Lundin, Boro, Gryba, Wieriecoh?

crockpot

Oct 30, 2011
middle of nowhere
OMG, I hope this doesn't happen. :help:

I was so happy when they got rid of him because I used to cringe everytime he was on the ice (his last year in Ottawa). I was never a Redden fan and was so disappointed/disgusted when they let Chara go to keep him.

Let bygones be bygones. He's washed up. He had his chance in NY and didn't/couldn't/wouldn't seize the moment. Give someone else a chance to prove themselves. Redden's had his.

Margaret Trudeau*

I remember him being a star with us, better then chara. Sign him up!

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
He wasn't assigned to the AHL this season, allowing the Rangers to avoid paying him. He hasn't played a game since last spring. No NHL in 3ish years, no hockey in about a year, old, inconsistant and expensive? Baaaaaad idea.

Even after his likely buyout this summer, I just don't think he's earned anything more than an tryout at the September training camp. This season, he's not worth ANYTHING in a trade, even a bag of pucks is an over payment for him. NYR will simply bury him in the AHL again, since they'll have about 5.4 million left in cap space to sign Del Zotto. The Sens are unlikely to claim him on waivers, if waivers work the same way as last CBA, since it's counter to the type of budget they've been on for the last couple of years.

Last edited:

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
I just get the feeling that Murray, wanting this to be a contending team....wouldn't go near Redden with a ten foot pole.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
If the Rags offered us Redden and maybe a B level prospect this year to take on his salary.....it actually might not be that terrible of a move if the guy can still play as a 6-7 d-man...at the very least until Lundin comes back. Redden has always been a class act and was absolutely outstanding for this organization about 6-7 years ago, if we got him those 6 games it would be just too epic.

Would his salary still be on the books if he retired at the end of the year?....I'm just not sure he would want to leave that much money on the table..

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
If the Rags offered us Redden and maybe a B level prospect this year to take on his salary.....it actually might not be that terrible of a move if the guy can still play as a 6-7 d-man...at the very least until Lundin comes back. Redden has always been a class act and was absolutely outstanding for this organization about 6-7 years ago, if we got him those 6 games it would be just too epic.

Would his salary still be on the books if he retired at the end of the year?....I'm just not sure he would want to leave that much money on the table..

Probably not. Definitely not in the previous CBA.

frow

Classless
Jan 9, 2013
Redden was my fav player back in the days when I decided that Senators was my team. The thought about him doing his 1000th game as a sen is ofcourse kinda sweet. I'd still say no. I belive the Senators have a terrific chance here to test out some of the kids down in bingo, if not now, when would be a better time?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Only after a buyout as a #7 guy. He's good in the room, might be a good mentor for our younger D and it would be nice to get him 1000 in our uniform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad