Red Wings play two games, in two different cities, at the same time tonight.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
I haven't heard of this happening before and thought it interesting.

The Red Wings were originally scheduled to play Pittsburgh, in Detroit, this past Saturday (9/28) and Buffalo, in Buffalo, tonight (9/30). However, Pittsburgh had travel issues on Saturday, so the game had to be postponed. Subsequently, the Pittsburgh game was rescheduled for tonight, so the Wings will play one lineup in Detroit while they send their remaining players to play in Buffalo. Both games at the same time and both being streamed on their respective websites.

Has this happened before?

Reactions: D1az

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Fairly typical for pre-season, they’re commonly called split-squad games.

It’s a bit odd to do one this late into pre-season, usually rosters are trimmed down enough to where you might not have enough guys to ice two rosters by now.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

The Red Wings were originally scheduled to play Pittsburgh, in Detroit, this past Saturday (9/28) and Buffalo, in Buffalo, tonight (9/30). However, Pittsburgh had travel issues on Saturday, so the game had to be postponed. Subsequently, the Pittsburgh game was rescheduled for tonight, so the Wings will play one lineup in Detroit while they send their remaining players to play in Buffalo. Both games at the same time and both being streamed on their respective websites.

The sens often have these. Usually with a Toronto or Montreal or buffalo or something. They both make 2 teams and play in each city at the same time.

I think with Toronto they alternated the times so both could be watched back to back or something on a Saturday which was nice.

The home team has the "NHL" team and the away team has the "AHL" team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

You joined hf in 2005 and haven’t come across split squads before?

Reactions: Trash Panda

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Yes.

Quite a bit, actually, every single year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad