nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Re:
-Pathetic lazy performance tonight - Not really
-Subban was garbage - Yep
-71 like 17 is useless - I don't see it
-Boqvist’s skating needs work - unquestionably
-Beaudin should take that spot until this guy is actually ready - definitely
-the team simply wasn’t prepared - Hawks had an excellent first period but couldn't overcome mediocre goaltending
-thought this was gonna be a cakewalk - seriously? Why would this team think they can have a cakewalk against any team? Shit happens and it happened tonight. Win tomorrow, then move on.

One other thing - Seeing how the Hawks were snake bit a little with the Hawks outchancing the Wings through a large portion of the game, to break the ice it seems the Hawks really needed to open it up a little and create even more chances. Instead of doing that, JC stood pat, prolly thinking opening it up might hurt the team more over the long run. Long story short - did JC make any adjustments during the game? If he did, I didn't see them.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Sort of could see, from the previous game, that it's only a matter of time before this Detroit team starts converting their chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Don't think I've turned away from a Hawks game since the first couple against Tampa. They clearly didn't have it. Not sharp at all. Hawks play anywhere close to that level over the next three weeks and playoff talk will become a distant memory.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I still don’t think Colliton is the right guy to coach this team

tumblr_pj51vi4Fj21wcrgcvo2_400.gifv

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Then you are not watching much hockey. A lot of teams are doing this. I hate it personally.

I’m watching plenty of hockey. Very few players throw the puck that far back ever. Hopefully it was nothing more than an isolated mistake, but it was a mistake nonetheless.

I remember Keith doing it a bit but it always looked like he was doing it to get onto the stick of a better playmaker.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Hawks' version of the back pass can be 35 feet or more. Other teams use it but not nearly to that extreme. It can be effective when 12 and 88 can interchange in leading the attack but in general, I don't like it. I prefer the team takes what the ops give them on the PP.

Agreed. I’d rather see quick entries and one timers for Kubalik and Soda up front for a screen and rebounds. Simple simple simple.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Hawks' version of the back pass can be 35 feet or more. Other teams use it but not nearly to that extreme. It can be effective when 12 and 88 can interchange in leading the attack but in general, I don't like it. I prefer the team takes what the ops give them on the PP.

It should be used as a second option not the main one. I am not a fan of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad