GDT: Red Wings at Sabres - 1/22/2016 7:00pm ET - MSG-B, BELL TV, FS-D

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Wasn't last year under Babcock it was considered a big success if the team went into the 2nd period tied 0-0?

This year Wings are better 5 vs 5, but PP sucks. It reminds me of Penguins PP last year or the year before when they would load up their big guns but didn't know what to do with the puck and fluttered it all over the ice. That was just amazing watching Malkin and Crosby PPing together and look completely lost. Wings aren't that bad.

Yeah, having a good PP makes a big difference though.

I was looking at it a few days ago, and Wings last year were 10th in gf/gp.

This year, they're way better 5v5, yeah, but something like 22nd in gf/gp.

I guess as long as they find a way to win games it's all good. At the same time though, it's incredibly frustrating to watch.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
can we give holmstrom some kind of coaching job? i would love to see somebody intentionally tip a point shot on net once in a while.

Actual Thought*

Wasn't last year under Babcock it was considered a big success if the team went into the 2nd period tied 0-0?

This year Wings are better 5 vs 5, but PP sucks. It reminds me of Penguins PP last year or the year before when they would load up their big guns but didn't know what to do with the puck and fluttered it all over the ice. That was just amazing watching Malkin and Crosby PPing together and look completely lost. Wings aren't that bad.
This year the Wings score less than they have since the 1976-77 season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Some decent pressure here but we could have 60SOG and I still don't think we'd score a goal in this game.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
0-0 still? Boy we make every goalie look like a winner. Overall how do we look? I see we're dominating in shots for once. Lotta good scoring chances?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Our passing is so hesitant. We'll look at the pass we should make, hesitate, look elsewhere, then go back to the original. Except waiting that long means the other team is now in position to defend. Quick, crisp passing is what gets teams puck watching, chasing, and out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad