Salary Cap: Red Wings 31.1M cap space

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So are Mo and Ray playing hardball or is Steve giving out too low an offer? Why no news on either?
It took most of last season for Yzerman to move like $700K on Larkin.

I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. These guys know what they're worth and Yzerman is stubborn. Problem that Yzerman has is too many GMs aren't skimping on their RFAs. Too many big deals to point at.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
It took most of last season for Yzerman to move like $700K on Larkin.

I'd say it's somewhere in the middle. These guys know what they're worth and Yzerman is stubborn. Problem that Yzerman has is too many GMs aren't skimping on their RFAs. Too many big deals to point at.

Is there any chance either's demands are so high that a trade is possible? I'm nervous.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Larkin negotiations were frustratingly the same - will he be signed, should we trade him, is he worth the money. This hardline stance and prolonged process is ridiculous. Seems less like a celebration of keeping great guys happy and more like a tooth pull.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So are Mo and Ray playing hardball or is Steve giving out too low an offer? Why no news on either?

They are waiting for comparables, such as Byfield.

Jarvis vs. Raymond is maybe most important for both guys, because they are wingers, from same class, and production was quite near.

Who will blink first?

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
They are waiting for comparables, such as Byfield.

Jarvis vs. Raymond is maybe most important for both guys, because they are wingers, from same class, and production was quite near.

Who will blink first?
Stevie could also still be kicking around looking for that top 4 dman we need and deciding if he needs to take one or both of these guys to a bridge deal.

I'm not worried about any of our RFAs. I would not be surprised if these don't get settled until the Veleno Arbitration is done. If he makes a deal prior, maybe they buyout Husso and go long term on Seider/Ray. If it doesn't happen until closer to the season maybe he goes for bridge deals to keep some flexibility.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Current cap space:

16.992M
23-man roster (not including Seider, Raymond, Berggren)

3 x 775k guys waived (Snively, Lagesson, Campbell)

Total:
19.317M in cap space

Edvinsson promoted - 894k
Berggren signed - 1.1M estimate

Total:
17.323M in cap space.

Seider signed - 8.5M
Raymond signed - 7.0M

Total:
1.823M in cap space

And this will be the room for Kane bonuses and/or for growing cap space towards the trade deadline.

This growing cap space is usually 3 times more than season starting cap space, because it's 75% played at the dealine and 25% of regular season.

You can fit in 5.5M valued defenceman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad