Salary Cap: Red Wings 31.1M cap space

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
8 Forwards = 39.6 M
Larkin - 8.7
Debrincat -7.9
Copp - 5.6
Compher - 5.1
Kane - 4
Fabbri - 4
Rasmussen- 3.2
Fischer -1.25
————————
(Raymond RFA)
(Berggren RFA)
(Veleno RFA)

7 Defenseman = 17M
Chiarot - 4.75
Holl - 3.4
Maatta - 3
Gustafson - 2
Petry - 2.3
Edvinsson - 850k
Al Johansson - 750 K
————————
(Seider RFA)

3 Goalies = 8.25 M
Husso 4.75
Talbot - 2.5
Lyon - 1M

Cap friendly has 64.6M total (with dead cap)

That would have us currently 21.5M under the cap.

Last edited:

Hawaiibros

May 18, 2017
8 Forwards = 39.6 M
Larkin - 8.7
Debrincat -7.9
Copp - 5.6
Compher - 5.1
Kane - 4
Fabbri - 4
Rasmussen- 3.2
Fischer -1.25
(Raymond RFA)
(Berggren RFA)
(Veleno RFA)

7 Defenseman = 17M
Chiarot - 4.75
Holl - 3.4
Maatta - 3
Gustafson - 2
Petry - 2.3
Edvinsson - 850k
Al Johansson - 750 K
(Seider RFA)

3 Goalies = 8.25 M
Husso 4.75
Talbot - 2.5
Lyon - 1M

16 mil for that defense minus Edvinsson makes me wanna yack

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
8 Forwards = 39.6 M
Larkin - 8.7
Debrincat -7.9
Copp - 5.6
Compher - 5.1
Kane - 4
Fabbri - 4
Rasmussen- 3.2
Fischer -1.25
(Raymond RFA)
(Berggren RFA)
(Veleno RFA)

7 Defenseman = 17M
Chiarot - 4.75
Holl - 3.4
Maatta - 3
Gustafson - 2
Petry - 2.3
Edvinsson - 850k
Al Johansson - 750 K
(Seider RFA)

3 Goalies = 8.25 M
Husso 4.75
Talbot - 2.5
Lyon - 1M

praying we resolve this with a Trade for someone in which they take a holl or a Petry the other way.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
8 Forwards = 39.6 M
Larkin - 8.7
Debrincat -7.9
Copp - 5.6
Compher - 5.1
Kane - 4
Fabbri - 4
Rasmussen- 3.2
Fischer -1.25
————————
(Raymond RFA)
(Berggren RFA)
(Veleno RFA)

7 Defenseman = 17M
Chiarot - 4.75
Holl - 3.4
Maatta - 3
Gustafson - 2
Petry - 2.3
Edvinsson - 850k
Al Johansson - 750 K
————————
(Seider RFA)

3 Goalies = 8.25 M
Husso 4.75
Talbot - 2.5
Lyon - 1M

So much wasted money all over the roster. That defense alone should cause someone to lose their job.

Reactions: Ulysses31

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
we only have 8 forwards signed currently. Veleno and Raymond will make it 10. I would say for sure Burger joins unless he his moved for a Dman (which I prefer), Sign Tarasenko to give the PP a little more punch and fill out line 2 some, and at least add Tyler Johnson as a switch army knife that can play all 3 and moved up and down the line up. Defense will only be fixed Via trade.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
There is legitimately 27.8 million worth of contracts on this roster that you would want to make disappear if you could - Copp, Fabbri, Chiarot, Holl, Maata, Petry, Husso

What other franchise in the league has that degree of incompetence?
I get that, but you also have to realize most of those contracts were signed in our darkest times and then on top of it 14 Million of that 27 falls off after this season? Chiarot is overpaid but serviceable, and same with Copp but a little less. Luckily Chiarot contract ends after next season, the Copp contract is the bad one.

I get the frustration but out of the 7 players you named, 4 of them fall of this year, and 2 of them depending how their seasons go could be moved more even a late round pick (Maata, Fabrri)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
There is legitimately 27.8 million worth of contracts on this roster that you would want to make disappear if you could - Copp, Fabbri, Chiarot, Holl, Maata, Petry, Husso

If the standard is "players I'd rather have improvements on" all franchises?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
For all my criticism of Yzerman I respect his conservatism. He won't get his hand forced by overpaying for aging vets. This team is being built with a solid foundation and he doesn't let anyone push his timeline. My main gripe is the mediocre plugs but whatever. Our prospect pool is strong, our core is strong, hopefully a few of these kids become stars.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
For all my criticism of Yzerman I respect his conservatism. He won't get his hand forced by overpaying for aging vets. This team is being built with a solid foundation and he doesn't let anyone push his timeline. My main gripe is the mediocre plugs but whatever. Our prospect pool is strong, our core is strong, hopefully a few of these kids become stars.

Hey @Steve Yzerlland i don’t want to alarm you but I think your account has been hacked!

(I kid. I kid. It’s all love)

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Underwhelming trade frenzy day, but the alternative is way worse when you look at the contracts bein handed out. My biggest fear was that we would sign players to albatross deals, but we didn't.

There is a big hole on the right side of the second defensive pairing, and I really hope that will be taken care of. If we can't take care of that, I don't think we'll be in a race for the playoffs in March.

Hopefully we can move Holls contract. He can't get bought out now, even if we get a second buyout window through arbitration. He needs a caphit of 4M for that to happen.

The left side of the D is OK, and might even be better than last year. I expect Edvinsson to take a step this year. Ghost's new contract was one of few teamfriendly deals, but I think it is the right thing to move on.

Hopefully one or two rookie forwards can claim a roster spot, as we could really need that.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Its possible SY stayed out of free agency yesterday because he was told to on account of his hx of signing bad contracts to bad players on previous July 1st's...

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Underwhelming trade frenzy day, but the alternative is way worse when you look at the contracts bein handed out. My biggest fear was that we would sign players to albatross deals, but we didn't.

Yes a an underwhelming free agent frenzy day considering one used a second to send Walman away and traded Gibson because of it to free a contract spot and for now the return is very blend.
Gustafsson might surprise, but outside that maybe a bit ahead of the curve when it comes to the goalies regarding amount of goalie contracts.

At some point, one have to give young guys a chance and not just plug the holes and say earn it. Toss them on the deep end and let's see how they float.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Sooooo....

Cat-Larkin-Raymond
Fabbri-Compher-Kane
Berggren-Copp-Ras
??-Veleno/Danielson/Kasper/Mazur-Fischer

Chiarot-Seider
Ed-Gustafsson/Petry
Maatta-Petry/Gus
Holl

Talbot
Lyon
Husso/Campbell
(Lose Johansson to waivers)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Each day that goes by the Walman trade makes less and less sense.

Either Stevie thought he was for sure getting a Stamkos/Roy or there is/was a trade that’s either fell through or didn’t happen yet. (Trouba?)

Turnover so far:

Walman -> AlJo
Ghost -> Gustafsson
Perron -> Berggren?
Sprong -> Mazur?/Danielson?
Reimer -> Talbot
Hutchinson-> Campbell

I’d say right now we’re slightly worse than last year. The same at best.

Reactions: LGRW

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

Either Stevie thought he was for sure getting a Stamkos/Roy or there is/was a trade that’s either fell through or didn’t happen yet. (Trouba?)

Turnover so far:

Walman -> AlJo
Ghost -> Gustafsson
Perron -> Berggren?

Reimer -> Talbot
Hutchinson-> Campbell

Hard to say any of these players are not an improvement when they haven't played a game in a Red Wing uniform outside Berggren.

Walman = benched
Ghost = scary playing defense
Perron = horrible penalties, no foot speed
Spring = benched
Reimer = Talbot is better

Reactions: PelagicJoe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Turnover so far:

Walman -> AlJo
Ghost -> Gustafsson
Perron -> Berggren?
Reimer -> Talbot
Hutchinson-> Campbell

Not if some guys improve, Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson, Kasper , Veleno. Berggren usually has slow start an getting better later. Nothing good left in free agency, but we still have one of the best prospect pool, trades could still happen

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Not sure why they'd rebuild - they're pretty much at the same place we are. Thomas is 25. Kyrou is 26. Dvorsky and Snuggerud are similar level prospects to Danielson and Kasper. Neighbours just had a solid rookie season. They're primed to retool.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
So do we think the wings will have room for another 8M+ defensemen once Ed and Seider get paid. Is it even feasible if we want a balanced roster?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad