Prospect Info: Red Wings 2024 Development Camp Discussion

If you by slightly better mean worse skating, than i guess you are right.
Unfortunately nobody will learn and in the next draft 80% of this forum and all useless podcasts will be saying Yzerman cannot draft, because he ignored another small junior C who projects as a winger and has skating and compete issues but puts up a gazillion points. And everybody will switch from Savoie to Lekkerimaki (Ostlund, Nazar) everytime Kasper is mentioned.
Absolutely. Looking at production in junior can be a misleading bitch anyway. Goalies and dmen are a step behind at that level. A significant amount of goals in junior are saves or even broken up by dmen beforehand in the nhl. It is the Johnny Manziel problem. Exciting and crazy playmaker in college but not the tools that translated to the NFL. The ceiling for Savoie is most likely a 40 pts guy who hangs around the perimeter and whose scoring dries up in the playoffs. Gimme Kasper.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Can't wait to get Danielson and MBN on the big club together.
I like to see Danielson with Becher, one lefty and other righty . similar players, one more skilled, other more stronger, both still not NHL ready. MBN also not NHL ready
Becher Danielson MBN .
All 3 guys with size and speed and skills

Last edited:
Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Away from all the flash and highlight stuff, I like what Whipple brought. It's looking like he may be a wonderful pick. From what I've seen, he has the best personality out of all these kids. He is so friendly and outgoing, a real ray of sunshine.

Reactions: heyfolks

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I like to see Danielson with Becher, one lefty and other righty . similar players, one more skilled, other more stronger, both still not NHL ready. MBN also not NHL ready
Becher Danielson MBN .
All 3 guys with size and speed and skills
Danielson is giving me Larkin and Raymond vibes, where they just flat out made the team after their +1 seasons. I am not sure they are keeping him off the team next year. I know Bultman said he was on a completely different level and I agree with that assessment for the parts of camp I saw online.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Agree with TZE. The Wings management knows how well Danielson played last preseason. He's gotten stronger and has another year of development under his belt. I think they assume he will make it onto the team next season.

Reactions: heyfolks

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Danielson is giving me Larkin and Raymond vibes, where they just flat out made the team after their +1 seasons. I am not sure they are keeping him off the team next year. I know Bultman said he was on a completely different level and I agree with that assessment for the parts of camp I saw online.

Aside from Bultman, other observers(THN) had nothing but praises for Danielson as well.

Also nice positive comments on Brandsegg-Nygard, Rychlovsky, Cleveland, Finnie and even Kienan Draper.

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
I had Danielson 5th on my 2023 board, so obviously I'm in the big fan camp. Whether he makes opening night this year is tough to call with our forward depth and the showings Kasper and Mazur had in the AHL playoffs, but I think he gets a look in the second half of the season. If we make playoffs, I think he finds a way on the team as one of black aces like in the good old days

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Reactions: David D

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Wonder if Yzerman should offer first to move Cop

Personally, I'm very much in the keep-Copp camp - even if Danielson (or Kasper) were to make the roster.

First reason being that I think that if one of the kids was ready for the 3C role, Copp would deploy effectively as a 2LW, which is a position we're thin on at the moment. He's played there in the past and produced more offense. Second reason for me is that, as much as I love Larkin, he's not an 82 game player. Having a guy like Copp who could shift back into the pivot when Larkin is out helps stop the bleeding a little bit.

And third reason is just the reality of the player's contract. I think that the team is better with Copp in than with Copp out. I think his deal is tricky to move. So I wouldn't move it until there's reason to believe that the team is better off with him out of the lineup. Next offseason, if both Kasper and Danielson are primed to play down the middle and Copp has an uninspiring season, I'm more open-minded to a deal. But it's not something I'd force right now.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Personally, I'm very much in the keep-Copp camp - even if Danielson (or Kasper) were to make the roster.

First reason being that I think that if one of the kids was ready for the 3C role, Copp would deploy effectively as a 2LW, which is a position we're thin on at the moment. He's played there in the past and produced more offense. Second reason for me is that, as much as I love Larkin, he's not an 82 game player. Having a guy like Copp who could shift back into the pivot when Larkin is out helps stop the bleeding a little bit.

And third reason is just the reality of the player's contract. I think that the team is better with Copp in than with Copp out. I think his deal is tricky to move. So I wouldn't move it until there's reason to believe that the team is better off with him out of the lineup. Next offseason, if both Kasper and Danielson are primed to play down the middle and Copp has an uninspiring season, I'm more open-minded to a deal. But it's not something I'd force right now.
3 more years 5.6 m

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020

Don’t mind Copp as a top 6 LW. He played well with Panarin right? Kane is close enough to Panarin. Could see the lines workout like:

Cat Larkin Raymond
Copp Compher Kane
Ras Kasper/Danielson Tank
Berggren/Motte Veleno Fischer

Could also see Copp as 3LW and have him and Danielson split faceoffs depending on what side of the ice they're on:

Cat Larkin Raymond
Berggren Compher Kane
Copp Danielson Tank
Ras Veleno Fischer/Motte

If Tarasenko really wants that right side, the 2LW will take some tinkering

Reactions: heyfolks and NickH8

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Don’t mind Copp as a top 6 LW. He played well with Panarin right? Kane is close enough to Panarin. Could see the lines workout like:

Cat Larkin Raymond
Copp Compher Kane
Ras Kasper/Danielson Tank
Berggren/Motte Veleno Fischer

Could also see Copp as 3LW and have him and Danielson split faceoffs depending on what side of the ice they're on:

Cat Larkin Raymond
Berggren Compher Kane
Copp Danielson Tank
Ras Veleno Fischer/Motte

If Tarasenko really wants that right side, the 2LW will take some tinkering

I'm with you - if Danielson (or Kasper I suppose, I rate Danielson higher) can take the mantle at 3C, I think the first set of lines that you proposed would be quite nice.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
How many guys who post here were even alive pre-Madonna?

Did she come out pre 1981? I remember she was really big when I was like 5-8 years old. I'm just curious if I fall into the old portion of this question or not.

Nevermind, just checked. I was 1 year old when she debuted.

"old man yells at clouds, shaking fists angrily"

Last edited:

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Did she come out pre 1981? I remember she was really big when I was like 5-8 years old. I'm just curious if I fall into the old portion of this question or not.

Nevermind, just checked. I was 1 year old when she debuted.

"old man yells at clouds, shaking fists angrily"

Hang on! Don't be in a rush to be old man shaking fist at clouds! Her debut single came out in 1982, but she went solo in 1981 after some time with a couple groups. So you might still be post-Madonna, depending on club performance dates which are sadly (or not) unknown.

• Haha
Reactions: odin1981

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
wow she was in a group? never knew that, thought she was strictly a solo artist.
She started out as a drummer if you can believe it after studying dance and for a while a Paris showgirl. Then had her own group, Madonna and The Sky, before she went solo and hit with her first dance single.

Last edited:
Reactions: odin1981

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad