Prospect Info: Red Wings 2024 Development Camp Discussion

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
this Hunter Johannes guy looks good and dominant against this level - college guy so it makes sense. Signed by GRR

He has an NHL level shot. Looks to be a powerful skater too.

Would love to see him gear up in a few pre season games.

Thought fan favourite Cleveland looked miles ahead of where he was at last year in the rookie camp. Big improvements in his skating. Did not seem to shy away from jumping up into the play when he could. He’s not supposed to be an offensive threat and more of a goon/mean defensive defender, but still nice to see him have a higher Iq than most give him credit for.

Asides from them, the big named players played well. Our young star prospects all looked phenomenal. A few bad turnovers by Nate, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if he gives Yzerman and co a hard time deciding whether or not he should be on opening night roster.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
Nobody on the ice today looked ready to play in today’s NHL.

Danielson probably the closest, but y’all are delusional if you think he’s capable of centering a playoff caliber 2nd line. Needs another year of development. Notice I said playoff caliber.

MBN looked nice. One year away?

ASP another year, maybe two away. Will need to bulk up and improve defensively to be more than a Hronek/Ghost. Don’t take that the wrong way.

If Rychlovsky takes one more step, he’s also knocking on the door. Great add there.

Augustine looked sharp as usual.

Plante is so raw but shows high-end IQ and passing smarts.

James showed his potential as a future 4th line NHLer.

Anyhoo, outside of the names I listed, I didn’t see anyone who will be donning a Red Wing sweater anytime soon. Cleveland showed me once again why I no longer use the term “Yzerplan”. Buium was ok. Several others I had my eye on looked meh. Granted it’s just a 3 on 3 shinny, it’s safe to say there’s a guy or two we may see wearing Red within the next 2 years, and maybe a couple more within 5.

Last edited:

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan

Danielson probably the closest, but y’all are delusional if you think he’s capable of centering a playoff caliber 2nd line. Needs another year of development. Notice I said playoff caliber.

MBN looked nice. One year away?

ASP another year, maybe two away. Will need to bulk up and improve defensively to be more than a Hronek/Ghost. Don’t take that the wrong way.

If Rychlovsky takes one more step, he’s also knocking on the door. Great add there.

Augustine looked sharp as usual.

Plante is so raw but shows high-end IQ and passing smarts.

James showed his potential as a future 4th line NHLer.

Anyhoo, outside of the names I listed, I didn’t see anyone who will be donning a Red Wing sweater anytime soon. Cleveland showed me once again why I no longer use the term “Yzerplan”. Buium was ok. Several others I had my eye on looked meh. Granted it’s just a 3 on 3 shinny, it’s safe to say there’s a guy or two we may see wearing Red within the next 2 years, and maybe a couple more within 5.
This is ridiculous. A 3 on 3 practice tournament provides exactly 0 insight onto who will actually be NHL ready. Why don’t you wait for the actual preseason for that.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
This is ridiculous. A 3 on 3 practice tournament provides exactly 0 insight onto who will actually be NHL ready. Why don’t you wait for the actual preseason for that.

Coach Reggie,

I could’ve made most of those statements without watching today’s scrimmages. This is just another piece of information. When you know all of their stats, scouting profiles, and watched their film from past seasons, you begin to draw pretty good insight into their short-mid term prospect. Also, for the record, I think Danielson is close to NHL ready. But what role is that? People on here penciling him as our 2nd line C says more about our current roster than anything.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
this Hunter Johannes guy looks good and dominant against this level - college guy so it makes sense. Signed by GRR

Hunter Johannes is terrible lol. He's ECHL fodder

Reactions: Leibinger6

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
For a guy that’s basically slightly better Veleno
If you by slightly better mean worse skating, than i guess you are right.
Unfortunately nobody will learn and in the next draft 80% of this forum and all useless podcasts will be saying Yzerman cannot draft, because he ignored another small junior C who projects as a winger and has skating and compete issues but puts up a gazillion points. And everybody will switch from Savoie to Lekkerimaki (Ostlund, Nazar) everytime Kasper is mentioned.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Another 2 months in the gym, and a bunch of preseason games and who knows. Realistically Kasper and Mazur are more ready though.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We didn't see much skills, but that's how Yzerman draft and Florida just showed that is the right way. just answer yourself, should we drafted Zegras or Seider.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
IMG_2202.jpeg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad