Prospect Info: Red Wings 2024 Development Camp Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Malik has a decent aggregate going of the coverage of the camp so far. Doesnt seem like he's there to give impressions though. Detroit news has a pretty big photo gallery up from todays action as well.

Side note: Man is it grating to read George writing year after year about why he has to turn his pockets out and beg for handouts. It's been almost a decade of excuses about why he never has the money to do anything. Most people have other people to take care and most people have physical or mental issues that they have to navigate in order to earn a living...like come on. You have the opportunity to get personal access to the organization and prospects 3-4 times a year, you're telling me you cant find a part time job to earn the funds to make that happen??

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It will be cool to see 3 on 3 game on Friday. I like to see LDN AND ASP line .
Plante with MBN , playmaker and finisher
Becher and Danielson, they kinda similar

Reactions: raymond23

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The summer of Cleveland begins!

How are the college kids at camp? I thought they weren't allowed to participate.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

I think Red Savage's answers were by far the most interesting and engaging. Also, I need to figure out which beat writer it is (fairly soft spoken) that asked that last question about "how does it feel to look at a depth chart and see your name on it, and everything that goes with it?" or however it was worded. He usually has the most interesting actually thoughtful questions. K, wound through Steve's presser and he got introduced as Sam. Further googling... Sam Stockton for The Hockey News. Of note, he is not the most notable Sam Stockton...

Last edited:

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Augustine and Savage handled that media availability really well, comfortable with all questions, well-spoken and some good insights. about the game and their hoped-for place in it. Augustine laughing about the Michigan influence, "I like Michigan guys" lol. Savage talking about the next step, how important it is to be professional on and off the ice, need to continue to get better in all areas, beating out other players by doing what the guys upstairs want from you. How love of the game is what gets you through the ups and downs and especially the final comment: "It really comes down to love of the game that separates people in the NHL." Not necessarily what separates players from each other on the ice, skill among other things does that, but it's what separates those who are under-achievers from those who reach or exceed their potential. NHL teams love over-achievers, under-achievers not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad