Realgud's Realgud draft simulator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Following a lightbulb moment that was sparked by this post from @NickH8 :
I don't like FC because they have their rankings and their rankings only. Kind of sucks to do mocks with Calum Ritchie constantly going 8th like we're still in October.

Someone needs to make a site where you can upload rankings to draft based on.

I present to you... Realgud's Realgud draft simulator: Realgud draft simulator

The original idea was to just be able to put your own list of players, which quickly evolved into me generating my own consolidated list that is McKenzie's latest top 96 + NHL's central scouting rankings for the rest of the list The list of players is editable before you start the draft so you can edit it and if you do edit it, and maybe you think you have a good version of what you think is a consensus list, please don't be afraid to share it here. I think @Henkka used to make his own consolidated list, if I remember correctly. If you still do, it might be of great use here.

Also please tell me if you find duplicated players. Some names have small differences and as a result the generation wasn't perfect and I had to clean it up a bit.

There is an algorithm in place for the "reach" picks and everything, and I tried to make it as realistic as possible but I can always tweak it if we don't find it satisfactory.

I will also update the draft rankings when McKenzie has a new list, and if central scouting update their rankings too. Also, I will update and add the picks for every team after the lottery is done.

This is nothing too fancy as I made this yesterday and updated it today after private messaging NickH8 for his approval (so 2 days in total) but I think it works very well and I'm happy with it.

I hope y'all enjoy it.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
My picks: 9. Dalibor Dvorsky19. Quentin Musty40. Theo Lindstein41. Ethan Miedema42. Kasper Halttunen73. Emil Jarventie122. David Edstrom137. Scott Ratzlaff169. Florian Xhekaj201. Sam Harris

Nice! Well done!

Would be cool to have round and position of the players if you are taking suggestions.

Reactions: Realgud

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
My picks: 9. Dalibor Dvorsky19. Quentin Musty40. Theo Lindstein41. Ethan Miedema42. Kasper Halttunen73. Emil Jarventie122. David Edstrom137. Scott Ratzlaff169. Florian Xhekaj201. Sam Harris

Nice! Well done!

Would be cool to have round and position of the players if you are taking suggestions.

I can add that to my todo list. I am taking suggestions.

I just want to be one of the quotes at the bottom of the page
there you go

• Love
Reactions: Oddbob and izlez

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
This is brilliant.

I agree that having positions by default would be great. It would also be nice to be able to add tiers (separated by ---) and prioritize randomization within those tiers.

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013

Nice! Well done!

By the way, I have improved the copy and paste. Didn't realize all the names ended up squished up like that. Should be better now.

Ideally, don't copy the "My picks" part. I'll probably add a button to copy the picks directly if I can.

Reactions: Oddbob

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
My picks:9. Eduard Sale19. David Reinbacher40. Gavin Brindley41. Dmitri Simashev42. Lenni Hameenaho73. Luca Pinelli122. Austin Roest137. Hugo Pettersson169. Nikita Ishimnikov201. Spencer Sova

do i know much about most of these guys? no. however, i figured a dose of nepotism for a former red wings "legend" is never a bad idea ;)

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
This is brilliant.

I agree that having positions by default would be great. It would also be nice to be able to add tiers (separated by ---) and prioritize randomization within those tiers.
I was trying to keep it simple but this is a really good idea for making the randomization more realistic. The issue is that it would only work with the lists we have here on this forum but wouldn't do anything with McKenzie's list as he doesn't put players into tiers.

At least for now if it goes for a "almost BPA" pick, it goes 1 to 5 picks lower which is kinda in a "tier". A "reach" is up to 30 spots down.

I'll see what I can do.

• Love
Reactions: simonedvinsson

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
Noah Dower Nilsson was on there twice. Second one at 99. And no Felix Nilsson?
Damn, thanks for catching that. I'll fix it.

Felix Nilsson is at 302 lol. You can use CTRL-F to find a player if you're unsure.

I got barlow then Reinbacher. Interesting
Rankings will be updated after McKenzie and the central scouting update their lists (should be somewhat soon?)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Fun sim to use, where do the default rankings come from?

Couple outcomes;

9. Dalibor Dvorsky
19. Gabriel Perreault
40. Koehn Ziemmer
41. Hunter Brzustewicz
42. Cameron Allen
73. Gracyn Sawchyn
122. Alexander Rykov
137. Jacob Fowler
169. Eric Pohlkamp
201. Michael Burchill

9. Oliver Moore
19. David Reinbacher
40. Bradly Nadeau
41. Maxim Strbak
42. Mathieu Cataford
73. Oscar Fisker Molgaard
122. Tanner Ludtke
137. Scott Ratzlaff
169. Cam Squires
201. Joel Svensson

9. Eduard Sale
19. Riley Heidt
40. Noah Dower-Nilsson
41. Tom Willander
42. Carson Rehkopf
73. Gavin McCarthy
122. David Edstrom
137. Denver Barkey
169. Grayden Siepmann
201. Adam Dybal

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
Fun sim to use, where do the default rankings come from?
Re-read the op and you'll find your answer!

But it's McKenzie's latest top 96 (january) and the rest is filled with central scouting. The way I filled the rest is like this: I took all 4 individual rankings from central scouting (NA skater, EU skaters, NA goalies, EU goalies), put them together, removed all the 96 players from McKenzie's list, reordered them, and then used it to fill the back of the main list with a EU skater every 3rd pick, NA goalie every 15th pick and EU goalie every 25th pick, and obviously NA skaters for everything in between. This is also tweakable if this is not satisfactory and you want me to try a different method.

I'll re-do the default list when the last rankings come out, and adjust every pick for every team when the lottery is done.

Last edited:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I've been too busy at work to be on here but yeah, I've been playing with it and it's great. Definitely something to build on. Would be nice to not just have the one default rankings but a list of rankings to choose from. Henkka does the consolidated rankings so his would be great for this.

Reactions: Realgud

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
I've been too busy at work to be on here but yeah, I've been playing with it and it's great. Definitely something to build on. Would be nice to not just have the one default rankings but a list of rankings to choose from. Henkka does the consolidated rankings so his would be great for this.
Yep, exactly. That's the goal. Anyone can give me lists and I can make a selector for it.

• Love

Realgud

Nov 4, 2013
Just noticed you have Dylan Mackinnon at 87 and 105
Goddamn it, I'll fix it later, not home now. Thanks!

I'm keeping those in a notepad for the next generation so I don't make the same mistakes. McKenzie has it as MacKinnon, and central scouting has it as Mackinnon (lower case k). But why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad