TSN: Real-time draft lottery tracker.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hope that's based off of schedule strength. :laugh: Otherwise... :help: Honestly though, I'd have no problem with the Panthers getting the 1st overall. Be nice to see a southern team get a franchise type guy that could really turn that franchise around. :yo:

Agreed. Edmonton has sucked long enough. Time for someone else to get the 1st overall pick.

DancesWithWookies

Aug 22, 2011
I can't wait for the draft lottery next week. Go Jets!

Also, where did that random draft lottery generator thing from last year go? Anyone know what im talking about? I think it was on tsn's website.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks - that's the one. So if we win 2/3 probability is highest that we get 8th pick and if we win 1/3 probability is highest we get 6th pick.

I'm guessing we will get 6th pick then. I have a hard time believing team fake 500 won't end up with 82 points.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Cool beans.

I thought the last place team got a 50% chance of winning though.

The last place team always had a 25% chance of winning the lottery. they did previously have a roughly 50% of retaining the first pick cause if the higher seeds won the lottery they would only move up 4 spots. That has been abolished and whoever wins the lottery gets the first pick.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If we win our next 2, we'll probably get 7th or 8th pick. If we lose 1 more, we'll probably get 6th pick

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If we win our next 2, we'll probably get 7th or 8th pick. If we lose 1 more, we'll probably get 6th pick

That's how I see it a split probably gets us 6th given the fact we lose every tie breaker to the teams closest too us. It would take a mini collapse by one of the teams close to us if we only get two more points.

Van is up 1 point with 2 games in hand (1 in progress) with the tiebreaker advantage (TA)

Carolina is 1 point back with 2 games in hand and the TA

Ottawa is even with us but has 2 games in hand and the TA

Nashville leads us by 1 point and has 2 games in hand and the TA

If we split our last 2 games I think we get 6th because Carolina would only need 3 points in 4 games, Vancouver would need 1 point in their last 3 games, Nashville would only need 1 point in their last 4 games, and Ottawa would only need 2 points in their last 4 games.

I hate losing but tonight was an important loss!

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
That's how I see it a split probably gets us 6th given the fact we lose every tie breaker to the teams closest too us. It would take a mini collapse by one of the teams close to us if we only get two more points.

Van is up 1 point with 2 games in hand (1 in progress) with the tiebreaker advantage (TA)

Carolina is 1 point back with 2 games in hand and the TA

Ottawa is even with us but has 2 games in hand and the TA

Nashville leads us by 1 point and has 2 games in hand and the TA

If we split our last 2 games I think we get 6th because Carolina would only need 3 points in 4 games, Vancouver would need 1 point in their last 3 games, Nashville would only need 1 point in their last 4 games, and Ottawa would only need 2 points in their last 4 games.

I hate losing but tonight was an important loss!

Canes could be the spoilers here as they have the Rangers, Captals, Wings and Flyers to deal with the rest of the way. Wouldn't take too much for them to make their tank look legit! Our losing to Flames wouldn't be too hard but it's a toss up IMO:(

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
With the Capitals unexpected win today and Islanders loss, this means the Jets can draft no later than 11th (depending on tiebreaker with the Leafs), or earliest as 5th. That is, of course, barring what happens with lottery pick.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
With the Capitals unexpected win today and Islanders loss, this means the Jets can draft no later than 11th (depending on tiebreaker with the Leafs), or earliest as 5th. That is, of course, barring what happens with lottery pick.

Correction...worst Jets can draft is 10th. Reason being that the Sens and Leafs play each other. Jets would win tiebreaker if Sens win, Leafs will have more points than Jets if Leafs win.

So...Jets are drafting 5-10, barring lottery pick.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Alright. Basically, Carolina needs to win their next 2 games, VanCity needs to win 1, and the Jets need to lose tomorrow in Calgary for us to get the 6th pick back. Not insurmountable odds, but quite likely we'll stay where we are.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We need to lose to Calgary and then I see us picking 7th. Pretty emotional win last night in front of the home crowd and I think it will be hard to duplictate that effort again tonight. Calgary is playing their last home game and I believe they will come out with a great effort. Hutch could steel us a game but short of that I think our boys might be spent after the bag skate, then tough win.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So now we are locked into the 6-9 range, with the greatest likelihood of 7 or 8. This seems about right. I know some people are lamenting the Jets solid play down the stretch which has cost us draft position. But I just don't see it. What I've seen is a bottom 1/3 team that has continued to play hard and compete and has maintained the approx same fake 500 pace they have all season. It not like they are pulling out all the stops to win. Its hard to imagine a lineup with more call ups, with vets being held out with nagging injuries, a bag skate the day before back to backs etc. Players and coaches don't care about draft position so why would we expect them to cash it in early?

That being said I expect the Jets to lose tonight as that would be consistent to what we have seen all year long. A let down after a big win, especially on the back side of a back to backer. And besides that would leave them with exactly a perfect fake 500 record. And that just fits this team. So I say set your sites on pick #7. A few years back that got us Scheifele :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad