Real Estate Still Available on Washington Capitals Island

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's also a half measure rebuild/retool. They're not going to be good enough to win anything, but not bad enough to get elite talent either. I'd rather bottom out tbh.

I’d rather have a semi-competitive team than to bottom out and not make the playoffs for 10+ years like Buffalo for example.

Bottoming out doesn’t guarantee future success and creates losing cultures more often than not.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Still early but I'll pat myself on the back in saying that I thought Washington had an excellent off-season and thought they would exceed expectations in a fairly tough division. Obviously there will be some fall off to some degree but no reason why this team can't be better than last year which just scraped into the playoffs.

Reactions: Neil Racki

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah, I’m a Caps fan and I’m really happy with the way they’ve been playing, but this is a bit premature. They had a really good offseason, but as others have said, they don’t have true top end talent at this point, and you often need that to push to the next level. I expect the Caps to be in definite contention for a playoff spot this year.

This being said, I also think people have been a little off when they’ve said the Caps are a year away from being like, the worst team in hockey. Lots of young guys stepping up this year and in the next few years, the future looks fairly bright. But again, it can be tough when you don’t have true top end talent

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
"And for my 10,000 post I think I'll be an attention whore... giggle!"
-Dr John Carlson

---this reply comes from a fellow Caps fan
For my 59, 415 post, I will say that I’ve had a lot of interactions with Dr John over the years due to a shared interest in golf, and I’ll vouch for him that he’s totally legit.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not buying the team in the next two years. Ovechkin has to go before they can be good again. And their players are still like two years from that. I like some of their draft picks (Miroshnichenko, Chesley, Leonard, Cristall, Parascak) and Carbery is a good coach. I think he’ll help them. They are doing some good things. Still need to add some top picks, which they might struggle to do.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Turns out playing guys in their natural spot with talented linemates/partners who fit their play style results in those guys being motivated and productive. Who knew?
The Kings went 16-4-3 with PLD in the first 2 months. PLD had 3 goals and 3 assists through Halloween

He actually played okay, then. But eventually did his Claude Rains.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Considering Caps made the playoffs last year and, I think we can all agree, got better in the offseason, it shouldn't even be that surprising. Just that their lack of exciting young talent means they don't get media attention.
I think it's fair to note that the Caps got some incredibly hot goaltending but somehow made the play-off with a -38 goal differential, and then proceeded to get absolutely worked. I do agree they potentially got better, but even improving doesn't guarantee them a P/O spot this year.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I inquired about purchasing some real estate but was informed it had a poor foundation and would likely crumble within the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Good post. I think our GM (Bmac) really nailed it in the offseason. He's had a few misses in the past but I think over the years his strike rate is about 80/20, maybe 70/30 if being unbiased.

I think the Caps org know they aren't a Cup threat, but you know the old saying: make it into the playoffs and you're playing with house money. Anything can happen.

imho - the goal was to make the Caps a competitive team during the final Ovie years. And that's what they've done. This year they already look way better than last season

Yeah, I think helping Ovie break the record in a Caps uniform is the biggest factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad