(Re)watch: Best games of each series?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Being UK based and needing sleep [unlike some of the other Europeans here - I salute you!], I haven't been able to watch most of the games live - mostly catching up with highlights and snatches of games here or there. I did manage to watch most of the Rangers series while I was in the US and did watch the OIlers games on catch up (well, the ones we won), but obviously missed some gems. And also want to bask in the afterglow of our wins a bit longer...

I'm cancelling my subscription to NHL TV in a few weeks and want to get the most out of it. What are your suggestions?

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The Bruins series was fun.
Yeah I think this was the best series for entertainment.

I'd actually say last year's run was a lot more fun/dramatic, the guys were causing chaos non-stop and there were some really great moments. This year felt more clinical and almost inevitable, we were considered favorites in all series, never faced elimination until SCF Game 7, the games we won usually felt inevitable.

Obviously this year we won the Cup so its the best, but last year I think was more fun if that makes sense. A lot more memorable moments last year.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I'd actually say last year's run was a lot more fun/dramatic, the guys were causing chaos non-stop and there were some really great moments. This year felt more clinical and almost inevitable, we were considered favorites in all series, never faced elimination until SCF Game 7, the games we won usually felt inevitable.

Obviously this year we won the Cup so its the best, but last year I think was more fun if that makes sense. A lot more memorable moments last year.

My sentiments as well. Well, the first three series last year anyway! The OT winners. The Tkachuk walk off celebration. The Bob stopping Marchand on the breakaway.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK

LOL - I agree! I think I watched most of last year's postseason and it was so much fun, even knowing the outcome - I can't imagine how amazing it would have been to live it. I think I rewatched games 5-7 of the bruins season multiple times.

The more clinical nature of this year's post season was a lot better on my blood pressure though...

Reactions: pantherbot

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Tampa games 1, 2, 3, 5 (honestly it felt so good to finally beat them in the playoffs)
Boston games 2 & 3
Rangers game 4
Oilers games 1, 2, 3, 7

same here, obviously im more happy with the result, but it felt like we HAD to win this year and it took some of the house money excitement from last year out of it.
Cup or very much bust type feeling.

Last year did feel more memorable though
ullmarks bouncing puck to chucky game 5 ot winner
Swaggys ot winner in game 7
Reinos game 3 ot winner
Cousins ot winner game 5
Chcuks 4ot snipe game 1
chuckys ot winner game 2
Chuckys game 4 3 seconds left gwg
Even in the finals with swaggys game 3 ot win after chucky with a broken sternum tied the game late.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Tampa games 1, 2, 3, 5 (honestly it felt so good to finally beat them in the playoffs)
Boston games 2 & 3
Rangers game 4
Oilers games 1, 2, 3, 7

LOL! OK, I have to ask: what was wrong with the games 4 and 6 of Boston, and. 1,5 and 6 of the Rangers ;-)?

So, 11 games to watch. Plus what sounds like most of the first three rounds from last year [sigh]. No one mentions it but game 2 of the Canes series will always be special for me: that Barkov goal was the moment I started paying closer attention to hockey/panthers aside from just a fun Cinderella sport story.

Challenge accepted. I didn't like my partner, friends or family that much anyway. Or the sun for that matter.

move away from city

I still need money for electricity, internet connection, and NHL TV subscription. And then there's the utterly ridiculous amount of Panthers SC merch (plus shipping) I just bought that's probably only going to arrive halfway through the next season...

Reactions: pantherbot

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tampa. Every game was good even game 4 until the final 11 minutes.

Bruins
2 had Rockstar moments.
3 was fun
4 worth a watch
5. Frustrating. Skip
6. Boring on a rewatch. Good live. But the last period is always worth a watch especially the final 10

NYR
Every game was good. We were the better team all 6

EDM

Games 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 I've seen 16 times lmao

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Tampa. Every game was good even game 4 until the final 11 minutes.

Bruins
2 had Rockstar moments.
3 was fun
4 worth a watch
5. Frustrating. Skip
6. Boring on a rewatch. Good live. But the last period is always worth a watch especially the final 10

NYR
Every game was good. We were the better team all 6

EDM

Games 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 I've seen 16 times lmao

Thanks for the recap! Right - that's my summer sorted then. I'll tell my partner that it's cheaper than going on holiday and will put me in a much better mood after watching England be pathetic yet again.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Thanks for the recap! Right - that's my summer sorted then. I'll tell my partner that it's cheaper than going on holiday and will put me in a much better mood after watching England be pathetic yet again.

Easiest side of the draw, but they will somehow still screw it up. Plus they have been a bore and far too cautious. Spain are emerging as the favourites. Their side of the draw is difficult though.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

I agree last postseason overall was more fun. I will say though that Bob's save on Dumba might very well be the best play by a Panthers player ever, imo.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
Easiest side of the draw, but they will somehow still screw it up. Plus they have been a bore and far too cautious. Spain are emerging as the favourites. Their side of the draw is difficult though.
[sigh] I have no idea how England somehow manage to both infuriate and bore me to tears at the same time. It's a definite skill... I think I got to the point where I'm basically hate-watching.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad