RDS Question

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I cannot read French so have no idea how to get the info because RDS is all French. Is RDS available to Western Canada, if I get it through Telus or subscribe will the Habs gams they carry be blacked out in the west? Thanks.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I cannot read French so have no idea how to get the info because RDS is all French. Is RDS available to Western Canada, if I get it through Telus or subscribe will the Habs gams they carry be blacked out in the west? Thanks.
No, you’re out of luck unfortunately.

Habs games via RDS are only available to the Atlantic region, Quebec and Ontario. Every other province (and territory) is blacked out unfortunately. I used to purchase the RDS package faithfully for years just to have access to every Habs game (I live in Edmonton) but it’s been unavailable for years now. Which sucks.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Man, forget RDS and all Bell associated crap. The sure and the simplest way to go is SN Premium subscription. $249 and you get ALL NHL hockey that happens - no blackouts, no regional shit, no any other crap. Plus bunch of other sports, which unless you're @Runner77 you won't have time to watch.

It eliminates any guess work and you can watch on demand too. I've been using for the past 6-7 season and I think it's good for the money.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
You can get it out west, but unfortunately you have to answer a skill testing question in French to get it first :sarcasm:

In all seriousness if you get the Sportsnet+ app, you can watch either the English or French broadcast. You get the choice. I am based in Northern Ontario and get every game. I was based out west for a few years and also got every game.

Reactions: The Real Timo

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Get Sportsnet+ or use a website that I could tell you about in a private message
Yeah, as a long time BC resident I was going to say Sportsnet + is the way to get it all legitimately. Streaming on Apple TV even looked better than my last cable feed.

I miss the glory days of a dollar a month for RDS getting you all 82 Habs games. The Rogers deal screwed over non Quebec resident Habs fans.

CHwest

May 24, 2011
Yeah, as a long time BC resident I was going to say Sportsnet + is the way to get it all legitimately. Streaming on Apple TV even looked better than my last cable feed.

I miss the glory days of a dollar a month for RDS getting you all 82 Habs games. The Rogers deal screwed over non Quebec resident Habs fans.
I remember those days, after a few years, while I could not understand the French word for word I could always get a feel on what they were talking about.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I remember those days, after a few years, while I could not understand the French word for word I could always get a feel on what they were talking about.
We all have different experiences, and even though I like to razz my fellow English Habs fans when they seem frustrated with French, I get that it’s different for everyone with following things not in your own language.

I lived in 3 different provinces in a 4 year stretch as a child, and no matter where we lived I could always watch the Habs in French on a Saturday, so it’s never been a bother as it was basically the only way I saw them for years despite being poor Newfie white trash.

Reactions: Rapala

CHwest

May 24, 2011
Man, forget RDS and all Bell associated crap. The sure and the simplest way to go is SN Premium subscription. $249 and you get ALL NHL hockey that happens - no blackouts, no regional shit, no any other crap. Plus bunch of other sports, which unless you're @Runner77 you won't have time to watch.

It eliminates any guess work and you can watch on demand too. I've been using for the past 6-7 season and I think it's good for the money.

Well I have Sportsnet through Telus, heck for an extra 70 bucks and get all Habs games, yeah.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I had it , but its all blacked out in BC anyways. If you aren't cozy using IPTV yeah use SN+

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We all have different experiences, and even though I like to razz my fellow English Habs fans when they seem frustrated with French, I get that it’s different for everyone with following things not in your own language.

I lived in 3 different provinces in a 4 year stretch as a child, and no matter where we lived I could always watch the Habs in French on a Saturday, so it’s never been a bother as it was basically the only way I saw them for years despite being poor Newfie white trash.
LOL
My mother tongue is English I grew up learning french at play which was the very best way.
I love the game in french on RDS but never TVA and I find myself muting the English broadcast depending on which crew is working.
On top of that I'd be surprised if I watched even 15 minutes total of that horrid intermission show on Sportsnet /CBC all last season...

I still manage to keep myself somewhat informed. :laugh:

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I remember the old days here in Saskatchewan, one Habs game every Saturday night on the French channel. I have had the hockey package and now sports net plus for quite few years. It’s good , every game all winter

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
LOL
My mother tongue is English I grew up learning french at play which was the very best way.
I love the game in french on RDS but never TVA and I find myself muting the English broadcast depending on which crew is working.
On top of that I'd be surprised if I watched even 15 minutes total of that horrid intermission show on Sportsnet /CBC all last season...

I still manage to keep myself somewhat informed. :laugh:
Sounds like we watch hockey exactly the same. Haha. Depending on my mood I can even have music on during it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad