News: RDS: Mantha wont resign with Vegas, hitting the market

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Seems to me he could end up like Domi/Bertuzzi last year, settling on a one year prove yourself deal.

Either that or someone tries to convince themselves he's better than he actually is with advanced stats and overpays him.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Mantha heard the saying “dont make a mountain out of a molehill” said “I’ll do ya one better!” and then proceeded to make a molehill out of the mountain of a man that he is

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can’t see much interest in this guy. Never brings the necessary effort to capitalize on his god given talents. Why the Knights cap cheated just to bring him on and the Cap dump that is Hertl I’ll never understand. But I’m glad to see that McCrimmon got absolutely destroyed by his own cap cheating greed.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Rangers. “Big frame who will go to the net will fill our 1RW problems!” Jesus Christ say it ain’t so.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
league min player. anything over that and its a bad deal. brings nothing most nights

Reactions: Fatass

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Imo Mantha is one of those guys that is likely a PTO.
I agree but the Market will pay him for what he wont bring. His big Frame and brief flashes of brilliance will get him at least 3-5 mil from some team sadly. I pray its not the caps.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
No way. Vegas aren't prioritizing the re-signing of some flakey one-dimensional goal scorer deadline dud over the multitude of other much bigger cap issues they have on the burner? :laugh:

Anyway...

Mantha feels like a prime candidate for a "pump and dump" routine for some bad team. Give him a ton of offensive minutes, top powerplay time, the best linemates you can find for him. Let him score his goals...and then try to flip him at the deadline to some sucker because he's a "big goal scorer". Which is technically true, but functionally irrelevant.

Just have to make sure that it's a 1-year deal at a cap number that is palatable on the "secondary market" at the deadline at max retention. For the teams that miss out on or don't want to spend on the "big fish" but still want to look like they "did something". Whatever his cap hit ends up being in UFA...you may as well just start looking at it as what his value would be at half that price at the trade deadline.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
One of the least competitive players I have ever seen, which is unfortunate because the few games he actually shows up during the year, he looks like an all-star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad