RD/W Daniil Miromanov (2015 undrafted; signed by VGK; traded to CGY)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
a bump

i think vegas should be calling up this really well moving 6 foot 4 / 200+ RD
who's switch from winger to d-man been great choice.

Last season 11 goals, 40 points in 50 games as a rookie in the AHL
4 goals, 9 points in 12 games so far.

He is a grown ass man of 24, so not a 20 year old rookie.

Played 11 games last season in the NHL, scored 1 point
i think this year will be different.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
What do you think he can become?
Well, i look at his game, his skating ability, his size, his ability to quickly adapt to a new league, surroundings, different system. His other attributes.

Daniil has slowly grown to his body and developed his game over the years in 6 different pro leagues and 5 years junior/bantam, prior to NHL.

He has an advantage in playing both forward and defenseman positions, also language is not an issue, i have red that he speaks several different languages.
- moved to NA at young age helped to learn english language

I see him as top 2 elite dman.

I have followed his career since rookie season in the Q.

Sure above is my opinion about him

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Well, i look at his game, his skating ability, his size, his ability to quickly adapt to a new league, surroundings, different system. His other attributes.

Daniil has slowly grown to his body and developed his game over the years in 6 different pro leagues and 5 years junior/bantam, prior to NHL.

He has an advantage in playing both forward and defenseman positions, also language is not an issue, i have red that he speaks several different languages.

I hope you are right.

My only concern would be his defensive play.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Another issue with him is his age. At 25, he is pretty old for a prospect. There aren't a lot of cases of players making big progress in their development in their late-20s. It happens, especially at D-men, but not a big percentage.

He has made significant progress every year, which is a good sign.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

He is 25 and filling in while others are out, if he tops out as a #4 guy that needs to be sheltered a bit defensively then Vegas should be really happy.

My guess is that he hangs around the fringes then gets passed over in 3 or 4 years and that's his NHL career, unless something drastic changes.

To say that he could become an elite #2 Dman is to say that 150 prospect Dmen can become an elite #2 guy.

Reactions: Flynn84

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He is 25 and filling in while others are out, if he tops out as a #4 guy that needs to be sheltered a bit defensively then Vegas should be really happy.

My guess is that he hangs around the fringes then gets passed over in 3 or 4 years and that's his NHL career, unless something drastic changes.

To say that he could become an elite #2 Dman is to say that 150 prospect Dmen can become an elite #2 guy.
I agree. I see him as a good #4 as well. Kind of reminds me a bit of Malakhov in terms of style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad