RD Lincoln Kuehne - USNTDP, USHL (2026 Draft)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of three NTDP 17's eligible for the 2026 draft. He does have some shifts where you see potential. He's a 6'1 defensemen that isn't like a bad skater or having a weak puck game or a train-wreck defensively. He makes a few too many mistakes, but he's not a train-wreck. I think he's not helped by that his defensive partner is a little bit of that. Probably not going to be a high pick, but probably also a player that gets picked mid/late rounds in 2026. And you never know if he continues to improve he could be round 2 or 3, something like that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He probably plays the least of all the defenseman, but I don't think he's the worst of them.

He's a player that probably is not going to be well served by accepting the NTDP invitation. He's a real NHL draft prospect, but clearly not one of the best players, so he's relegated to fighting it out for minutes lower in the lineup, and right now he's not winning that with the coach.

I could see him get Kaden Muir'ed where he had some potential, but played so little because the competition was too overwhelming for a guy with modest potential. Being a late birthday will probably serve him well. Playing junior his draft season somewhere with less talent hopefully will give him a chance to play more. I doubt he'll do so the rest of this season or next.

A likely late round pick for 2026, but that could get better or worse, depending on how he progresses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad