RD Jack Thompson (2020, 93rd, TBL, traded to SJS)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
another bumb, does tampa see him as NHL talent?

scored 8 goals 25 points in his rookie season in the AHL
(full season, so didn't really set the A on fire or anything)

solid start to the 23-24 season; 4 points in 5 games.
I haven’t seen him play in the AHL but I watched him in the preseason and back in the WJC-20 in 2021 and have always liked his game.

Tampa just has a 4 RHD ahead of Thompson that would need to go through waivers. I think he is an NHL talent on most teams.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Impressive point total this season so far. Will he be a solid NHLer one day? I'm curious to hear peoples take on his NHL potential

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Don't understand this move Tampa Bay at all unless they believe they are going to win the cup this year but without sergachev idk looks unlikely.

Good for San Jose though they get a nice pick and a defensive prospect who seems to be doing well.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like a deal that will hurt the Tampa farm club - Thompson's been excellent in the Crunch games I've seen this year.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I’m so confused by his ceiling. It feels like the few people who have watched him say he’s a 3rd pairing / 2nd PP guy at his best in the NHL but seems like others are much higher on him?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I’m so confused by his ceiling. It feels like the few people who have watched him say he’s a 3rd pairing / 2nd PP guy at his best in the NHL but seems like others are much higher on him?
If we get a third pairing pp guy and another pick out of 56 games of Anthony Duclair that's pretty good.

I like Thompson, used to watch him on the wolves a bit.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Would have thought the pick alone could secure Duclair. Thompson seems to be a decent prospect who has really progressed well in the AHL. A guy TB could use that's close to contributing in the NHL, cheaply.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Would have thought the pick alone could secure Duclair. Thompson seems to be a decent prospect who has really progressed well in the AHL. A guy TB could use that's close to contributing in the NHL, cheaply.
Acquiring a prospect like this probably means he was key to making the deal happen and was specifically targeted by Grier.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
This guy wasn't on my radar but I see he's been called up and seems to be playing on the 1st PP for the Sharks.

He was, had a good game two nights ago with 2 PP points, unfortunately, Vegas kicked our ass, and the decision was made that what we really need is some Matt Benning. I think he’s our fourth best dman, behind Walman, Ceci, and Ferraro.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
He was, had a good game two nights ago with 2 PP points, unfortunately, Vegas kicked our ass, and the decision was made that what we really need is some Matt Benning. I think he’s our fourth best dman, behind Walman, Ceci, and Ferraro.
Well done with the hilarious sarcasm. You made me chuckle. Matt Benning forth best Dman LOL

P.S. Not that the other bottom "four" is even good enough to be bad.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
he's looking like he could be a solid bottom 3 PMD in the NHL. as with the rest of the sharks defense, he needs a more reliable partner at this point in his career.

Reactions: coooldude

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I think he mean Thompson is the 4th best
And I meant the part about being replaced with Mat Benning in his place :)
Matt had some good games but was still bad but has hardly played and since his return from injury looks terrible and I would only play him if we ran out of Dmen on the road. :cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad